Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • New Canyon CX disc bike
  • AlexSimon

No rices yet, but if they do a range, it could be a nice budget disc option – especially as it might be one of the few equipped with Shimano.

Inflite Al

I guess we’ll hear more at eurobike.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0wJo_wc_2U[/video]

AlexSimon

They’ve added a little more info, but I guess useless without prices:

Jamie
    Free Member

Interesting…

crazy-legs

I’m hoping to see lots more disc CX bikes at the Cycle Show in Birmingham. It’s what I want next…

Those Canyon bikes look nice.

peteimpreza

Also hints at Mavic offering road disc wheels?

benji
    Free Member

Mavic already do disc wheels it’s a case of just using the 29er mountain bike wheels. Crossrides make a reasonable cross wheel, robust and cheap.

Straightliner

I’m a bit disappointed with the 2014 MTBs from Canyon to be honest (sorry to hijack the thread about the CX bike which definitely looks promising).

I was expecting a bit more from the 27.5/29 releases, including a Strive 27.5 or a proper long travel 29er. Barel’s been seen riding a longer travel 27.5, so I guess we may see something come out in the coming months, but disappointed not to see it ready for Eurobike.

However, I’m not going to knock them, their bikes are fantastic VFM and I just hope they bring some new toys to the market soon.

warton
    Free Member

looks like a bit of a letdown. I was waiting for this, but I’ll probably just go for a dirty disco, with chinese 50mm carbon tubs now.

crazy-legs

Currently, my favourite is a CX disc frame from Specialized built up with a Hope V-Twin converter to allow me to use regular STIs and pop some Hope Hoops CX wheels on there.

But I’m waiting for all the EuroBike info to come out and then to see as many options as possible at the Cycle Show before deciding.

warton
    Free Member

with a Hope V-Twin converter to allow me to use regular STIs

a mate has done that, with the dirty disco, and carbon tubs, stunning bike, and very light indeed.

AlexSimon

Yes, I’m expecting a lot more disc CX bikes will surface over the next couple of weeks. (they should really show them earlier so that people can make plans for the season).

Re: Canyon mountain bikes. Their Spectrals look good (130mm 29er) which should be well-priced.
    Buy, yes I was expecting a whole new Strive replacement.

Jamie
    Free Member

I was hoping Boardman were going to reveal their 2014 CX bikes at Eurobike, but not heard anything yet.

warton
    Free Member

I was hoping Boardman were going to reveal their 2014 CX bikes at Eurobike, but not heard anything yet.

I heard Boardman are splitting in two, the Halfords arm of the company will be lowering the spec considerably, and will have little to do with the R&D of the pro range, that will be sold in other shops, not Halfords.

peteimpreza

“with a Hope V-Twin converter to allow me to use regular STIs “

Why not use the new HyRds from TRP?

A much neater solution and a great brake by all accounts.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘New Canyon CX disc bike’ is closed to new replies.