new canyon bikes ready to order

Home Forum Bike Forum new canyon bikes ready to order

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • new canyon bikes ready to order
  • skeetsgb

just let some of you now that the new 2012 canyon bikes are ready to order, if you can get on the site as the server is rammed !! 🙂

Premier Icon Steelsreal
    Subscriber

annoyingly slow 🙂

Taff

trying to find out the prices of the 29ers. Could order and Cube and get it delievered before the Canyon website responds!

Taff

That Grand Canyon AL 29 9.9 is on my wishlist

greggparker9

I’m guessing by the speed of the Canyon website there will be a lot of people with new bikes in a couple of weeks?!!

c_klein87

that 29er looks lovely, i hope the carbon fibre version isn’t to far off as for the money it’ll be hard to beat!

Taff

Anyone know how accurate the size guide is on their website. Just gone through it all and it’s telling me I’m a medium. Just want to know if it’s a bit tongue in cheek or not.

warton

Taff, some people on here swear by the size calc. Myself and a friend used it when we got our roadbikes and it came up very small, I’d measure your current bike and go off as well as the size guide.

no news of the new TT bike which is annoying, that is a thing of beauty.

Taff

What did you do then? Did you cope with small bikes or get larger ones?

mcboo

It told me L but I’m def XL…..you need to get the tape measure out if you arent sure.

Premier Icon Furious
    Subscriber

Anyone know how accurate the size guide is on their website. Just gone through it all and it’s telling me I’m a medium. Just want to know if it’s a bit tongue in cheek or not.

It tells me medium, but I tried a friends medium Nerve XC and it was too small…

stumpy01

Quite keen to have a look – not that I am looking to replace my bike for probably another 5 years or so (!) – but cannot get onto their site at all.

Is it just me?

Taff

I can get on now probs. Got a problem with every other site apart from this one and Canyon! It’s still telling me that the 29er is in stock and that they could deliver to me by Friday…. I need the site to crash, fail something…

stevewhyte

Cant even get on. Bet they have sold out by next week!!

robbo

I was a bit disappointed by the 29er spec. For
    £600 more a 2lb lighter Cube carbon 29er can be had. Whytes 29er is also back on my list now.

Are the Canyon carbon 29er due soon or next year?

its nice to see more 29s being made as im sure gary fisher is rather tired doing a 1 man quest by himself by now 😆

Im looking into getting either the XC6/XC7…just not sure which one atm, going to give them a call some time and see what size i might need…..

Taff

I was a bit disappointed by the 29er spec. For
    £600 more a 2lb lighter Cube carbon 29er can be had

Really? I thought the spec was a bit better than the equivalent Cube GTC SL although the frame on the Cube may be better. The Canyon does get very good reviews

cheers_drive

I was kind of hoping that the 29er wasn’t out until the new year as I it will be hard to wait until bonus time in the spring. Hopefully they won’t sell out.
    Prices aren’t quite as good as I hoped though.

Edit: Actually it doesn’t look like delivery is until week 10 2012 so just as well.

cheers_drive

My mistake in France at the mo and I was looking at the Euro price. Still don’t see how they could be delivered by Friday though as it’s 10 days to UK even if they are in stock which they are not until next year.

skeetsgb

Still don’t see how they could be delivered by Friday though as it’s 10 days to UK even if they are in stock

it took mine 2 days, email on monday saying its dispatched and ups delivered it on the wednesday. 😀

and the sizing chart was spot on for me

warton

Taff,

just seen your reply, we both spent a lot of time measuring exisitng bikes and went for our choices. I got a medium which fits like a glove (a small would have been way to small)

Premier Icon mintimperial
    Subscriber

Hmm, I wish everyone in Europe would stop looking at the damn Canyon site. I need to buy a new mech hanger and the damn thing won’t load past the first page. 🙁

weirdnumber

Can you not just phone the Canyon uk office and put an order in that way?
    Also I was using the site last night around midnight and although being a little slow it was working fine.

*EDIT* the number would be helpful right? (0) 20 8501 2582 open at 10am

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

been looking at those 29ers on the uk site this morning.

That’s a pretty good price, I think.

I don’t need another bike, though, really. *wanders off to look at bikes and decide what might be sold*

Taff

I need to find the frame geometry of the 29ers. Can’t see it on the site and it’s gone slow again so I’m getting impatient. Between that and waiting for iOS5 this may be along day!

weirdnumber

Doesn’t copy and paste well but you can still make the details out. Details for Grand Canyon AL29

Frame size M
    L
    XL

A
    Seat tube length 440

B
    Top tube length 590

C
    Head tube length 100

D
    Head tube angle 70°
    70°
    70°

E
    Seat tube angle 74°
    74°
    74°

F
    Chainstay length 438

G
    Wheel base 1097

H
    Stack 609,5

I
    Reach 420,2

J
    Stand-over height 803

K
    Bottom bracket Offset -60

Spacer 2x5mm,1x10mm
    2x5mm,1x10mm
    2x5mm,1x10mm

Stem length 80

Handlebar width 690

Crank length 175

Seat post diameter 30,9

Fork installation length 501

Front fork travel 100

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

here you go, 29er geom;

Omar Little

the ultegra di2 bike is seriously tempting!

Taff

Thanks guysm, Typically I can now see the geometry under the spec sheets today… didn’t have that yesterday!

Premier Icon mintimperial
    Subscriber

Can you not just phone the Canyon uk office and put an order in that way?
    Also I was using the site last night around midnight and although being a little slow it was working fine.

*EDIT* the number would be helpful right? (0) 20 8501 2582 open at 10am

Aha! Thanks, weirdnumber. Why didn’t I think of that? I’m an idiot… 🙂

cheers_drive

skeetsgb – Member
    it took mine 2 days, email on monday saying its dispatched and ups delivered it on the wednesday.

and the sizing chart was spot on for me

You are talking about the 29er? Let us know how you get on then as you will be the first person on here with one.

tang

the 29rs look good, not sure on the gearing logic, 22/36 11/36. App this has been speced especially. On my double 29r set up I run 26/38 and 11/36 which is low enough.

plodtv

Anybody got their 29ers to give us a review?

sirichmond

Has anyone seen any reviews of these online as liking the look of the Grand Canyon 29er 9.9SL and looks like good value too.

khani

Anyone looked at these? They seem stupid vfm..I’m very tempted I must say,..
    http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/rose-dr-z-4-29/aid:524189

cheers_drive

The Rose bikes do look even better vfm than the Canyon. Fugly though.

renaz

Grand Canyon AL 29 8.9

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘new canyon bikes ready to order’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks are open.

Skip to top