Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New Canyon 26in Frame – Sell or Keep??
  • jim1008atc
    Free Member

Hi All

I got a warranty replacement frame from Canyon after I found a crack in the seat tube so I now have a brand new Grand Canyon CF F10 frame (XL) that I could sell as long as it was able to sell it for a decent enough price. It used to retail at £1099 on Canyons website before they moved to 29ers only

Reasons for selling would be so I could move to a 29er – I race XC, 10-12hr endurance and the odd multi day events. I’m also 6ft 3 so size suits me OK and I could swap wheels between MTB and CX bike easily.

Reason to keep would be not being able to sell the frame for a high enough price to justify it and it is an awesome frame.

What would you do?

Rosss
    Free Member

Try you’re luck while it’s new, I doubt you’ll get a better chance to sell the frame than when it’s brand new. For you’re intended use I’d say you’re better suited to a 29er if you like them anyway.

br
    Free Member

If you want more than £500, keep it 🙂

jim1008atc
    Free Member

They were my thoughts as well Rosss. Sell it while its new! Its just gauging the potential market price and whether it makes it worth it or not

hatter

Be realistic, 26″ frames, even brand new ones, are not fetching much these days, had to almost give my Trance Away, guy got a proper bargain.

jim1008atc
    Free Member

I’m not going to get into the whole 29er debate but thats because the industry is brainwashing us into thinking that 650b and 29er are better. Every bike/wheel sizes has its place (apart from 650b which is slower). We wouldn’t have fat bikes otherwise

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New Canyon 26in Frame – Sell or Keep??’ is closed to new replies.