Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • New build story – My Cotic Soul is the best handling bike I have ever ridden
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

That is all.

wwaswas

there’s a disappointing lack of garden in this story.

jambalaya
    Free Member

What else have you ridden, ever ?

kayak23

Valve/logo interface is shocking…(I’d imagine)

cy

This thread is 100% APPROVED 😉

skywalker
    Free Member

I fancy one of them

BigJohn

My new bike is the my best new bike since my last new bike shocker.

binners

Now just hang on a bloody minute!

Don’t you be bloody coming around here with your “I’m fully satisfied with…. this” and you “I can’t find fault with …. that”! Where the hell do you think that’s going to lead?

Have a think about what it is you’ve done. And come back with something a bit more along these lines:

Behold – the master moaner!

wwaswas

binners, you’re just baiting the master.

billysugger
    Free Member

That fence needs painting

mintimperial

I too am very pleased with my new Soul what I have been riding for the past few weeks. It is a lot of fun. I also don’t have any pictures of it, mostly because I have been too busy riding it and having fun on it. 😀

jeb

You must be sponsored! 😆

Klunk
    Free Member

wwaswas

I have been too busy riding it and having fun on it.

I bet you’ve not sorted out the brake hose lengths or the fork steerer that you left a bit too long ‘just in case’ either!

timc
    Free Member

I have a soul, its great! Orange 5 is better though 🙄

mintimperial

I bet you’ve not sorted out the brake hose lengths or the fork steerer that you left a bit too long ‘just in case’ either!

The hoses and steerer are fine, thankyouverymuch (came off another very similar sized bike). The gear cables are a right state, though, and I’m certain that the mudguards would cause conniptions…

And yes, the garden is a complete bombsite.

wwaswas

mudguards

😯

mintimperial

mudguards
    😯

What? It’s muddy! Don’t worry, I take them off if I’m going to a trail centre to ride round the carpark. 😉

Ben_mw

Don’t worry, I take them off if I’m going to a trail centre to ride round the carpark

He flipping does you know! And my Soul is much better looking than his.

wwaswas

someone must have a picture of a Cotic Soul they want to share with the group?

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Go on then. 100mm forks, flats bars and 90mm stem. Damn thing fliiiiies along. Can’t wait for the dry, dusty summer. 8)

Bought on a whim 2nd hand off ‘ere, honestly thought I’d hate it, it will now never leave.

EDIT : Yes, the brake hoses have now been shortened. Must do some more pics.

timnwild

like that – been trying to get all components on mine either black or white.

You happy with the Kendas and the 100mm travel?

wwaswas

trailofdesctruction looks good 🙂

I built my lad one up from a broken frame I got off here and had repaired and powdercoated (rather duff picture, I’m afraid);

billysugger
    Free Member

Nice wall

Bikes too. I’d like to try one

vorlich
    Free Member

What else have you ridden, ever ?

Yes, we demand answers and scanned receipts for you full bicycle owning history.

slimjim78
    Free Member

turns in better, holds its line better, soaks up the rough trails better than anything i’ve ridden in the last 15 or so years.
    (if you must know, that list would include, zaskars’s, explosif, cinder cone, humu, stumpy’s, Inbred’s, King Kahuna, Mosquito, tange prestige, LTS-1, Prophet, CAAD4/5, F800/900/1000, Jekyll, Turner 5, Maxlight, 456, & others ive no doubt forgotten)

limited experience of full suss, but prefer lower maintenance.

I just wanted the world to know. Its a great feeling when you feel you’ve finally found that elusive cycling Nirvana.

The biggest change in the last couple years has probably been switching to a much shorter stem than an old XC die hard would deem natural.. 50/60mm these days.. with a nice wide bar, it’s like night/day compared to riding older twitchy speed machines.

I’ll stick a pic up tonight fo’ shizzle

fathomer

I love mine as well:

RustyMac

slimjim78
    turns in better, holds its line better, soaks up the rough trails better than anything i’ve ridden in the last 15 or so years.
    (if you must know, that list would include, zaskars’s, explosif, cinder cone, humu, stumpy’s, Inbred’s, King Kahuna, Mosquito, tange prestige, LTS-1, Prophet, CAAD4/5, F800/900/1000, Jekyll, Turner 5, Maxlight, 456, & others ive no doubt forgotten)

slimjim78 = hora’s long lost identical twin brother.

jambalaya
    Free Member

trailofdestruction – that looks like a very nice s/h buy. Dare we ask how much you paid ?

ianven
    Free Member

got risers on my Soul but that looks good with the flat bar. I might have to try one out…

vorlich
    Free Member

I’ll stick a pic up tonight fo’ shizzle

Do. You can never have too many Soul pics. Black or Orange? or ???

I need to get a photo of mine with my new blue Sunline bars. 😀

andysblacksoul
    Free Member

Oh go on then, if you must…

Grips, saddle and chainguide now swapped for Black… I heard that Black was the new Black

MountainMutant
    Free Member

My first Soul. Should grow into it soon

MM

Ben_mw

Her first Soul.Should grow into it soon.

timmys

Her first Soul.Should stop growling into at it soon.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

LA LA LA I CAN’T HEAR YOU. I’M NOT LISTENING.
    Got this email on wednesday :
    ——-
    The delivery of frames arrived today as planned, but unfortunately all of the small orange frames are missing from the shipment. The shipping company and Customs are working to find out what’s happened to them, but it’s unlikely that they’ll be here tomorrow in time to get one sent out to you this week.
    ——-
    I’ll be over here crying in the corner.

wallop

I love mine. Mine is so old, it is grey and still has canti brake bosses on it!

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Cheers.

I like to get everything matching. Not that I have issues… :mrgreen:

I grabbed it as they don’t come up that often, and it was my size. That’s a large 8)

Can’t remember what I paid, but it was a fair price for a 2nd hand frame. Something like 1/3 cheaper than new. I phoned up Cy and got a new set of decals for it, so when I get to the day when it needs a new coat of paint, I can get it looking all proper again. Top bloke that Cy.

100mm forks works, but I built it as a fast race bike. I can see why most folks put 120mm forks on though. If I was going more for a trail bike build, 120mm forks all the way.

Love those Kendas. Rode them down lots of rocky slopes in the Lakes in the peeing rain, and not a grumble. Summer tyres only ? Not likely. Probably rubbish in thick, gloopy mud though.

Ben_mw

Her first Soul.Should stop growling into at it soon.

That is all she did for about 3 hours. Stupid Dog.

Trying to hide in the bush.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Do. You can never have too many Soul pics. Black or Orange? or ???

Orange, Large, with a couple sweet orange accessories (?).
    I love that colour.

dirtbiker100 –
    I’ll be over here crying in the corner.

don’t worry, it’ll be worth the wait. keep riding your current bike to help remind you just how good the Soul is once you finally get it built up.

Disclaimer: SlimJim78 has no afiliation to ‘Cotic’ other than the warm plutonic bond shared with one of their frames. Other orange frames may be available.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘New build story – My Cotic Soul is the best handling bike I have ever ridden’ is closed to new replies.