Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New Build / Extension – Cable TV / Network Cables etc – Help!
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

Evening

We’re due to get an extension/complete change of our house. What is the easiest way to get cable tv into each room? Will it be Virgin that we get to install the equipment, or can we have it done as part of the build and then get Virgin in to install the boxes.

Also, I need my work phoneline moving (BT) I assume they’ll want to be involved somehere

Also, is there anything I should be looking at when I have every room of this place like a bomb site?

samuri
    Free Member

IME, virgin are fairly accomodating. The cables are just coax at the end of the day. Ask them and see. After our installation I put in a new coax cable to replace the massive one virgin installed (at my request), it’s all standard stuff.

You know that additional boxes cost additional money from virgin don’t you?

Our second telly in the kitchen just has a normal aerial connection and the telly gets freeview. Only our living room telly is on virgin.

anjs
    Free Member

If you are going for the full Virgin package then BT are not needed. I would think about:-

1. If mounting the Tv on the wall consider putting ducts into wall to hide to cables

2. Wired Cat 5 /6 network cables around the house

3. Speaker sockets and cables in the wall for surronid sound off the tv.

uplink
    Free Member

What is the easiest way to get cable tv into each room?

How many rooms do you need a cable feed in?

You do mean so that you can have a cable box in each room rather than just a feed of the main box don’t you?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Yeah, availability of a box in each room v

By is my business line paid for by work, so I need to keep it and have it moved into my office

uplink
    Free Member

You need to use something like WC or WF100 cable & you should get away with splitting it once without too much bother

If you want multiple outlets or suffer from a weak signal you’ll need to amplify the feed – something like a Konig AMP-PRO30A before the split will be needed

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New Build / Extension – Cable TV / Network Cables etc – Help!’ is closed to new replies.