Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • New Build…
  • MussEd
    Free Member

In a hope to go low maintenance/maximum bang for buck I’ve gone rigid….but hopefully the mahoosive rubber will provide a bit of bounce….ps saddle is still at work stand height and after a faff with tyres I stopped caring about lining up logos and valves….

Krampus Ops frameset
    Light Bicycles/Pro2 wheelset
    Maxxis Chronicle 3 inchers
    XX1 drivetrain
    Formula R1 brakes
    Easton Haven carbon bars and stem
    XT pedals
    Thomson post and Charge Knife saddle

Shakedown this afternoon and then proper day out on it tomorrow.

MussEd
    Free Member

Not that anyone seems to be interested but…

singlespeedstu

The Ops looks so much better than the standard krampus.
    I’ve toyed with the idea of building one of these up myself.
    Looks great.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Valves/logos
    Chicken wire is a disgrace

Olly
    Free Member

Needs an alfine hub?, and rigid forks always look uncomfortably low to me (but the saddle would probably be about right)

JoeG
    Free Member

I stopped caring about lining up logos and valves….

🙄

Reported! 😉

ianfitz
    Free Member

That looks nice 🙂 what width rims did you go for?

MussEd
    Free Member

I reported that fence to the council Flashy but they’ve no budget to sort it out apparently…

Toyed with an Alfine but all but frame and wheels were taken from full Susser to keep costs down, maybe in the long run!

MussEd
    Free Member

They’re 35mm rims, bought the frameset and wheels off Bigdugsbaws of this forum, pretty much like new!

singlespeedstu

I’ve got an 8 speed alfine built onto a 47mm 29er rim that’s not been used for quite a while if you’re interested?

MussEd
    Free Member

I’ll pass just now Stu thanks. I’d need to restart this build again and only just got it finished…. First day out tomorrow!

drovercycles
    Free Member

Nice!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Love it!

darrenspink
    Free Member

Yep like that. Get tubeless and 15 psi.

hora
    Free Member

You werent in the Peaks Sat?

BigDummy
    Free Member

This is absolutely epic. Bravo.

🙂

Denis99
    Free Member

I like it as well.

Often thought about a rigid frame with fat(ish) wheels and tyres) to absorb some of the trail ride.

Must get a demo on one soon.

MussEd
    Free Member

Thanks for comments folks. They are tubeless but my track pump gauge is a bit wonky so I’m not sure if it’s really 15psi in there or not! felt far too soft yesterday on the shakedown but a lot of that was Tarmac. Heading out today for a proper shot on it… Thankfully that hurricane seems to have disappeared.

mtbel
    Free Member

Not really my thing at all but I must say it’s refreshing to see bikes with big tyres destined to never be ridden further than 3 miles from an ice cream shop being built up fairly light and not covered in frame bags, Go-Pro mounts, racks and water bottles.

what does it weigh?

letmetalktomark

What are the tyres? Branding is too subtle to tell from the pics 😉

Interested to hear how you get on with the slightly narrower rims and running low ish pressures.

I want a black Krampus now 🙁

BigDummy
    Free Member

I managed to convince myself not to buy a green Krampus. I’ll have to convince myself not to buy whatever the new colour is all over again. Black I can always convince myself not to buy, but it’s an ongoing effort.

🙂

BillOddie

Bravo Sir!

Welcome to the Krampus Klub (cue: dodgy German Techno)!

How you finding it so far?

I really like the Matt Black on the Ops, almost as much as the sparkly green on the non-Ops.

The dropouts are much better on the Ops though.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘New Build…’ is closed to new replies.