Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New brand name fail – energy drink for women.
  • mieszko
    Free Member

I went to Warsaw this week and on my way home I saw this new ad with their slogan “the only energy drink specially for women”. Nice girly colours etc however why on earth would you call it BLOW? And their website BLOWENERGY.PL

Another example from way back, Hortex launched a juice drink called FART. Fart means more or less lucky in polish but still. Would not be an export hit.
    “Would You like some Fart to drink Sir?”

Edukator
    Free Member

Fart is ski wax in French and waxing is farter.

A presenter on a German TV show interviewed people in a pedestrian area asking them what the English words regualrly seen in adverts and used in business mean. The result was quite amusing as they hadn’t got a clue. Like the girl here in France who turns out on randos on a hand job.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

looks similar design to the energy drink ‘pussy’ you can get over here

duntstick
    Free Member

I know a girl who flogs ‘Pussy’© all over Monaco 🙂

Squidlord
    Free Member

The Czechs don’t mess about, though I think their designer could have been bolder:

highclimber
    Free Member

I dont know much about european advertising standards but there is a hand wash car wash in south manchester that advertises ‘handjobs: you’ve tried the rest now try the best handjob in town’!

molgrips
    Free Member

There’s a chain of bargain bin clothes shops in Germany called Mister Lady.

JohnnyPanic

Interesting you chose to share that molgrips. Anything else you want to tell us?

Edukator
    Free Member

Which reminds me of Tati clothes shops in France, Molgrips. Edit: and Dim underpants, not very bright eh!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Have a look for Turkey’s most popular brand of nappies….

molgrips
    Free Member

Anything else you want to tell us?

Oooh.. the possibilities 🙂

Hang on Edukator.. wasn’t Jacques Tati that comedy actor chap..? Oh wait.. his character was Hulot.. so not so daft in French 🙂 Bit like calling a shop Mr Bean 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New brand name fail – energy drink for women.’ is closed to new replies.