Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • new brakes on yeti as-r 5.. shimano XT or hope?
  • turbo1397
    Free Member

Im looking at replacing my now annoying avid elixir cr’s.. looking at both of the above, what are people’s opinions on them? 😕

ThePinkster

I would normally reply XT as I know a number of people using them and have fitted a couple of sets but the set I bought recently is being a PITA as it won’t bleed properly following a hose shortening incident.

I’ve go the dedicated bleed kit and followed all the instructions but can’t get it quite right. Currently having flashbacks of Avid bleeds of old. 😯

Even so they’re far better value than Hope IMO but Hopes still work rather well.

bigjim

Got XTs on mine, also had problems bleeding them but they are great apart from that.

creamegg
    Free Member

I’ve got both. XT’s are excellent value for money, perform well but if I were to choose which I prefer.. I’d have to pick the Hopes

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Shimano every day for me.

andybanks
    Free Member

Why not go with Deore? Save a small fortune and faultless.

Davesport

Hope every day of the week for me 😀

craighill
    Free Member

Xt for me, I have used both, including a front xt and rear hope at the same time after smashing my xt master cylinder into rocks, I much prefer the shimano feel, but it is personal preference, they both stop you very well.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

i had hope on one bike XT on the other, i now have XT on both bikes.

ergo….. well, work that out for yourself 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘new brakes on yeti as-r 5.. shimano XT or hope?’ is closed to new replies.