Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • New brakes changing the way one rides? new XTs, coming from Hopes
  • doug_basqueMTB.com

It was the non finned metallic ones BSN. They are put on with two fixers like a rivet rather than glued. When the pads come off there is just the two dots where the fixing system has failed. I can put up a photo if you’d like?

pedlad

I’ve always had hope as I like the feel, apart from some slx on a second hand bike I bought which were so on off that I swapped them for hopes pretty soon.

Recently though I’ve been less and less satisfied with the large amount of lever travel on both my bikes though (as I suspect downhill speeds have been rising) despite doing good bleeds and winding in the bpa screw. So did a bit more Internet research and I’ve just done the normal hope bleed but then syringed in some mor fluid under a bit of pressure into the system from the bleed nipple. Sorted it at last, now bites much sooner in lever travel but retains that hope feel I like. Downside of this garage time was discovering I’d popped a spoke on my LB rear wheel 😥

maxtorque

Be careful with putting too much fluid in, as on hot days (or after your bikes been left in a car in the sun!) you can find your brakes jammed on. (don’t ask me how i know this……)

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘New brakes changing the way one rides? new XTs, coming from Hopes’ is closed to new replies.