Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New brakes (Pics), and hi..and Loch tay routes
  • organic355
    Free Member

Hi

Not been on here or the bike much since the arrival of my son (now 20 months).

Dusted off the bike the other day and found the brakes were sticking.

They had never been right (elixirs), so decided to get an update and go for the new Shimano XTs.

Hoping to get out on it this weekend as heading to Loch Tay/Kenmore for a family get together. (and route tips?)

heres some piccies of the new brakes.

stumpy01

Brakes look very nice!! I’ve recently stuck SLX on my Inbred (got rid of Elixirs) and they are great so far.

Bike looks a bit clean. Go & get it muddy……

If you are looking for route tips, perhaps start a new thread specifically asking about that; will no doubt get a better response.

johnhe

I love my XT brakes, but I was hoping for some photos or trails around Loch Tay from your title.

JAG

That’s not a picture of your brakes – that’s just a picture of the lever!

What do the brakes look like? 😛

Sandwich

Can I have a free stroke too?

matt_outandabout

Kenmore?

Head up and faff around on Drummond Hill – look for the summit singletrack. A fun evening’s exploring to be had. Woodsy, slippery.

The trip round the loch, down Glen Almond and back again over and down the falls of Acharn (good for a short n steep blast themselves).

Go Munro bagging on Ben Lawers.

http://www.trailscotland.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8439

http://www.trailscotland.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1943

honourablegeorge

Anyone else thinking “Needs wider bars”?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Yep

richardthird

Probs no help, but that road straight up out of Kenmore then down to Loch Freuchie is one of the best road climbs ever imo.

organic355
    Free Member

Wider bars already ordered from crc. Wanted to go back to alloy (and get rid of some mismatching red bits) so got some Easton havens in stealth black.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New brakes (Pics), and hi..and Loch tay routes’ is closed to new replies.