Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • New boy saying hello !
  • francob80
    Free Member

Evening all,

After a 18 years or so off a bike I finally took the plunge this week and placed an order on a new Mondraker Foxy R. Sadly my football career had to end due to dodgy hip plus getting on a bit so I’m hoping I can reignite my love for mountain biking like back in the day.

Hopefully I can learn a thing or two from you all, here is a pic, it should be arriving sometime over the next few weeks.

thegreatape
    Free Member

You need to fit the skirting, but other than that, a good start.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Wow.. none of my bikes came with their own podium

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rewski
    Free Member

Hello… That looks fit for purpose, love the stealth black, carbon? Enjoy, forum and MTB-ing. Where are you based out of interest?

francob80
    Free Member

haha, sorry gents. The only shot I was able to get hold of. 😀

francob80
    Free Member

Hi Rewski, I live in Cheltenham so not far from FoD, also at Uni in Stoke on weekend so very close to Cannock. Oh and not too far from Wales either so plenty of decent trails to get up to speed with. This one is the alloy model not carbon, I couldn’t justify another £2k.

ampthill

How can you have been waiting 18 years to buy that? It looks a new design

Welcome to the forum. Where people will misunderstand what you meant and make lame attempts at humor

binners

You won’t learn anything useful on here, so I’d forget any notions like that.

You will however find a way to waste hours of your life, having pointless, circular debates about wheel sizes, politics, pies, and football. Oh… And you’ll have plenty of opportunity to get out and play on your new toy with like minded idiots

Welcome aboard! Nice bike, that!

francob80
    Free Member

Thanks for the honest welcome binners, sounds like my sort of place.

rewski
    Free Member

Binners sums it up pretty well there. Great riding locations, from an envious Southerner.

stevied
    Free Member

Welcome aboard mate. You’ll have to get yourself up to the Malvern’s too if you like natural riding 🙂

francob80
    Free Member

Hi Stevied, thank you mate. Yes luckily I have a buddy in Redditch who is mad into his biking and knows Malvern reasonably well, I’ve heard great things about the area so hopefully will get the chance to check it out.

jekkyl

I live in stoke, there is tons of mtbing in surrounding countryside, you don’t need to go all the way to Cannock, but it is fun when you do. Welcome.

francob80
    Free Member

Thank you Jekkyl, good to know and handy after lectures. 🙂

jekkyl

If you need any pointers my email is on profile.

matther01
    Free Member

Think you might have taken this biking business too far already giving it pride of place in your front room…most normal people have TV or fireplace 😉

Wilkommen

takisawa2

getting on a bit

You fit the demographic well.

Welcome.

🙂

v666ern
    Free Member
    northernmatt

Welcome. I have that bikes bigger brother to arse around on when I can be bothered getting it out of the shed.

francob80
    Free Member

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I’m looking forward to getting involved. 😀

francob80
    Free Member

How have you found it Northernmatt ? Which is your model?

northernmatt

It’s a 2011-ish Dune RR frame with a load of stuff from my old bike attached to it. It’s heavy but very good. Your foxy should be whole lot lighter and pedal up hills better than mine.

francob80
    Free Member

Awesome, yes a friend of mine has just ordered a Dune frame and was raving about it. I do like the forward geometry and I wanted something a bit different and by far the best I tested although it was the 2014 model.

jamj1974

Binners +1

bigblackshed

You talk of this thing called “riding your bike”. Careful now, we don’t want to do anything too drastic.

Welcome.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is that a 29er?

*Fires up the pitchfork….*

sc-xc

Welcome Franco…

francob80
    Free Member

Haha, amazing sc-xc. I love Begbie, classic.

francob80
    Free Member

I’ve just had the tracking details sent through, the bike arrives tomorrow. To say I am excited is an understatement. 😀

rOcKeTdOg

i Stevied, thank you mate. Yes luckily I have a buddy in Redditch

Pitcher oak wood fan?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘New boy saying hello !’ is closed to new replies.