Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • New boiler needed, thoughts on these?
  • gears_suck
    Free Member

Anyone got experience of InterGas boilers?

I fitted one against my better judgement. My uncle decided he wanted it. I’ll never fit another.
    WB or Vaillant every time. Glow Worm if on slightly lower budget.

northernmatt

Only ever sold a few Intergas boilers. Biggest seller in Holland if you believe the marketing BS. The idea of only having 4 moving parts is a good one but gears_suck is only the second person I’ve encountered that has fitted one.

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

I’ve fitted 3 Intergas. Its not a bad boiler, but they need setting up right to avoid certain issues. At the moment Im fitting Ideals, the logic is a good boiler and the Vogue Imo is something else. Fitted one of the new Vaillant ecotec plua 832 nice boiler but you can get just as good for cheaper Imo.

The new glow worms only seen one fitted and it broke after 2 days required a new pump (Not my job but a mates)

P.s Any of you Gas men go on the combustion chamber forum?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sadexpunk

was gonna go for the logic+ but plumber said after adding on the extra bits and bobs we’d need, it only works out around £150 cheaper all in than the vogue, so decided to bite the bullet and go for the vogue with 10 yr guarantee. £1600 inc magnaclean, inhibitor and a bit of extra pipework.

thanks for your help.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

My Ideal Mexico boiler was serviced yesterday, by the son of the bloke who fitted it 27 years ago . It’s never gone wrong, ever!

downshep

Had a WB Greenstar 35 for 10 years. Only issue has been a leak from the wee siphon bottle, sorted with a silicon bead around the threads. Apart from that it’s been quiet, economical and perfectly reliable, even through a couple of particularly bad winters.

totalshell

boiler installer.. done two this week one last and two booked for next.. i only fit wb..all have 5 yr min warrantytop quality product.. iservice about 50% of the stuff we install and in 10 or so years i ve only had to get 3 warranty call outs. every boiler ive installed is still in use.. ( even if we dont service them we re nerds and check the flues out as we drive by..)

how much should you pay.. thats easy prices are available online.. screwfix are a good guide the chaepest place i can buy s plumb nation which is travis perkins by another name.. cheapest wb is 814 inc. flue id plus vat allow 50/100 quid for materials/consumables for a straight swap plus a timer/controller at 80 quid and at the moment labour is 300.. so 1500 quid ish all in. flush add another 300, magnetic filter 100

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘New boiler needed, thoughts on these?’ is closed to new replies.