Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New bits on the Monkey at Cannock?
  • jekkyl

Just wondering if anyone here can shed any light on any new bits which will open soon on the monkey (or the dog for that matter). I saw some sketchy comments on facebook about a new bit and possibly some new woodwork!? When I was up there on Sunday the trail builders were at the top of ‘the lungbuster’ cutting a new easy switch back ascent for that last pebbley incline at the very top, perhaps this is what the facebookers were referring to, I dunno. There’s also nothing about it on the chase trails blog. Does anyone know?

funkybaj
    Free Member

There’s a new descent being built from 5-ways down to the start of the upper-cliff climb. I helped on one of the build days before Christmas, I think it’s still some time from being complete mind.

What's this then? A sneak peak at some of the new section we've been hard at work building and will be opening next year? Shhhh, don't tell anyone!

Posted by Chase Trails Volunteer Trailbuilders on Sunday, December 22, 2013

jekkyl

cheers mate. Any idea when it’ll be open? is it any length?
    I’m pretty sure there’s already some old bits there that did include some woodwork but they closed it off in favour of that bombhole bit a few years ago.

scruff
    Free Member

Its about 1km new trail in total, all singletrack, it was started many years ago (Absinthe etc). Felling operations and other things has resulted in it being( very) delayed. Expect it to be open a few weeks after it gets finished.

st

As Scruff says.

Work is nearing completion and a bedding in period is then needed. There’ll be little chance of it’s opening going unnoticed.

snakebite
    Free Member

its already on strava

jekkyl

Is it the middle left fireroad at 5ways? with the route onward to the bombhole bit directly in front of you.

jekkyl

forget I asked, it doesn’t matter.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New bits on the Monkey at Cannock?’ is closed to new replies.