Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • New bit of trail open at Gisburn (Pic heavy)
  • stumpyjon

We finished building a short section of trail at Gisburn on Sunday, replacing this
    with

and this

followed by this
    leading to this

around this

up this

to this

and this

finishing here

There are a few other bits in there as well.

sambob
    Free Member

i want to go there 🙂

Simon

Excellent work, I'm looking forward to riding it tomorrow.

stumpyjon

End of the old red section just before (5 yards) you hit the fireroad, it's even been signed up!

Northwind

That looked like a top quality fire road, and now you've sanitised it and replaced it with just another boring purpose built trail, what a liberty :mrgreen:

dickie
    Free Member

jon – does that mean you ride it at the end of the north loop & end of the south loop – replacing a bit of the fire road that forms the centre of the 'figure of eight'?

rOcKeTdOg

what tyres for that though?

Edric64
    Free Member

So it's now boardwalk and gravel how very natural is that.I thought mountain biking was about getting back to nature and getting into the hills

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

A bit naive Edric, sorry. Tell the Vancouverites they can't built North Shore any more.

MRanger156
    Free Member

I thought it was about having fun.

Looks very good, will be heading back to Gisburn soon to try it out.

grumm
    Free Member

I thought mountain biking was about getting back to nature and getting into the hills

Lots of other things you could do to get back to nature a bit more than mountain biking. I love getting out into the hills but sometimes I also love a quick blast round some man made stuff.

Looks good – nice one.

Edric64
    Free Member

A bit naive Edric, sorry. Tell the Vancouverites they can't built North Shore any more.

Pallets in the sky? I dont like that either

glenh
    Free Member

Looks sweet. Will look forward to riding that when I'm over they next time 8)

Northwind

Just in case there was any doubt, I was joking with my comment above! With Edric's posts it's probably a bit harder to tell than I intended :mrgreen:

2hottie
    Free Member

Top dig at the weekend full of banter and that section is now finished! Looking forward to starting the new section!

Grimy
    Free Member

Looks brilliant! I'm off work this week, and Now I'm thinking I need to go up and have play round Gisburn! Anybody else going to be there on wednesday?

robgarrioch

Great work Jon et al – might try & get a lap in on the STW Weekender… errr…. weekend, to get a self-portrait next to the exit section pointing to some gravel I may / may not have barrowed 🙂

Mugboo
    highclimber
    Free Member

eeeewww, north shore….[shudders]

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Looking good 😎

flow
    Free Member

Nasty! What's wrong with natural trails!

stumpyjon

jon – does that mean you ride it at the end of the north loop and end of the south loop – replacing a bit of the fire road that forms the centre of the 'figure of eight'?

You can if you want, it's intended as an end to the north loop. There are long term plans to bypass the fireroad completely on the south loop so the two loops will cross rather than share a section.

For those of you who don't want to ride the logs there are chicken runs around them all. The rest of the woodwork on that section is there to cross ditches and boggy sections (believe me they are boggy, my boots have only just dried out). For those of you complaining it's not natural, er that's rather the point, if you want natural riding then maybe a trail centre's not for you. If it's any consolation the next section we're planning to build will be pretty much straight (with a few corners) singltrack, again removing a long section of boring fireroad so hopefully that'll float a few more boats (except Northwind obviously 😆 , for you there are plans for a loverly new surfaced carpark so you'll be able to ride around in circles to your hearts content).

Simon

Rode Gisburn last night. The new bit in the photos is another great piece of volunteer built singletrack, keep up the good work. 8)

The newly re-surfaced Hully Gully was superb fun and had us all grinning when we reached the end, only downside was that off the smooth line it was very loose in places.

What's the plan with the sections leading up to the slab etc? Is it going to be re-surfaced and repaired by the contractors or is it going to be a volunteer project?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘New bit of trail open at Gisburn (Pic heavy)’ is closed to new replies.