Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New billy basic 26" rear wheel.. Where from?
  • nickewen
    Free Member

After the freewheel on my trusty commuter started lunching itself to bits a few weeks ago I’ve since lost 4 spokes in the last 2 rides to work… Thinking its time to get a new wheel and be done with it! It’s as owld as the hills anyway.

Any suggestions on where to buy a cheap wheel build from? It’s 26 standard QR and has a 9spd shimano cassette on it (if that makes a difference?!). Needs to be less than 50 quid if poss. I know nowt about wheels (I have 3 26ers!) so any advice would be most welcome.

Cheers

mattyfez

is it disk brake or rim brake, that’s an important distinction.
    Other than that places like halfords do them for about £30-40.

Better bet might be a used one off here in the classifieds.

nickjb
    Free Member

Definitely go used. I’ve picked up some great wheels in the last couple of years now 26″ is obsolete

siwhite
    Free Member

I’ll have an inexpensive 26″ wheel (disc) for sale shortly, assuming I can do a deal on a new (to me) frame. Coda (cannondale) hub, 6 bolt rotor mounting and mavic (I think…) rim. Email in profile if interested.

jekkyl

check local FB bike selling groups. There are tons of bikes on mine at the moment for under 50 quid, that’s whole bikes for under 50 quid. They’re mostly all carrera but have a look, buy one and bin the rest or give it away.

There’s also the wanted section on here. I’ve found it gives great results.

thenorthwind

I once bought a an old bike for £20 off Gumtree from a lady who lived about a minute’s walk from my house, purely to use a wheel.

rOcKeTdOg

brand new for £50 is from any madison dealer

richardthird

Woolly Hat Shop ebay seller!

nickewen
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions all! Think I’ll just get one of them cheap ‘uns off decathlon down the road and get mesel back on the bike in short order. Can’t be arsed vegetating in me car in traffic jams to work much longer..
    Cheers

parkesie
    Free Member

If its a v brake wheel your after and your near staffordshire ive got one burried in the shed. Brand new 16 year ago never used.

nickewen
    Free Member

Thank you for the kind offer parkesie but I’m in Newcastle and it is a 6 bolt disc I’m after.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New billy basic 26" rear wheel.. Where from?’ is closed to new replies.