Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • new bikes with standard builds – making changes…
  • iainc

I tend to research things to death and am I suppose like many on here quite fussy 😀 . I just bought an Anthem SX after huge research, my first full susser since selling my 5 over 2 yrs ago. The Spec on paper looks spot on, and I honestly don’t ‘need’ to change a thing, which quite amazes me, in a good way ! I am however swopping out the bars for Aston Haven carbon, as I have them on other mtb and love the feel (and they’re less than half price at CRC), but I really don’t need to.

Aren’t modern bikes and current full suss setups just great ?

mjsmke

I bought a Whyte T130 Works in Feb which is my first off the shelf bike since 1998. Only changed tires so far and more than happy with everything else.

oliverracing

not for me, I like shimano gears and rockshox forks/shock, and most stock xc full suss bikes I look at seem to come with fox/shimano and rockshox/sram so would likely want to change.

they also rarely spec bikes with bar ends these days…

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

contact points be the most common, saddle, grips/bars and pedals as they the most personal to the rider. maybe tyres
    rest replace/upgrade when worn out.

iainc

^^^ I should have added that I changed the saddle to an ISM before riding it, but thats on medical grounds 😀

parkesie
    Free Member

Only changed the tyres and rear wheel on my dale as the rear wheel was a bit of a anchor and the tyres were optomistic for uk use.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘new bikes with standard builds – making changes…’ is closed to new replies.