Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • New bike's first run
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

welshfarmer

It ran away

fudge9202
    Free Member

Damn dropbox!
    Ah well can’t be arsed

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Fires up the pitchfork*

fudge9202
    Free Member

And yes before anyone mentions it yes I need to shorten brake hose.

jekkyl

Nice, very green!
    I always thought Stanton are missing a trick not having a bike called ‘warrior’

PiknMix
    Free Member

I always thought Stanton are missing a trick not having a bike called ‘warrior’

Wouldn’t you need two of them though?

Nice bike op

fudge9202
    Free Member

Cheers, as my first foray into a 29er i was surprised how much speed i could carry and not once did I feel perched on the bike as is the case with some 29ers according to reviews. Despite running a 120mm fork the bike climbed effortlessly and grip from the Hutchinson Toro’s was “glue” like. Dan really has sorted the geomtry and not once did I feel out of my depth on a hardtail doing trails I normally rode on my Bandit. The Thomson dropper was a revelation!

core

Looks very nice indeed, a young lady was embarrassing a lot of gnar types around FoD on one last Sunday, was going very well!

That ‘perched on’ feeling describes my first off road ride on my scandal 29er (first 29er) quite well 🙁

fudge9202
    Free Member

I know it’s a bit of a cliché but it really does ride like a 26″ bike, but I’m no expert!

welshfarmer

Glad it came back. Very nice looking bike. I love my FF29 on 120mm forks. Not as slack as that looks but still a hoot and so much grip

fudge9202
    Free Member

Yes the grip is awesome, I expected it to be more skittish but it really is planted and on the climbs I lock out the reba and it climbs brilliantly despite the slack head angle. After I got back from Castlewellan washed it and weighed it, surprised to find it was 27.2lb.

molgrips
    Free Member

That fork looks too long for the bike..

fudge9202
    Free Member

According to Dan of Stanton bikes
    “The Sherpa is made from a selection of Reynolds tubing and designed around a 100mm fork, though will work with 80mm to 120mm if you want to go steeper or slacker. “

I decided on slacker and the bikes handling is great.

rOcKeTdOg

core – Member
    Looks very nice indeed, a young lady was embarrassing a lot of gnar types around FoD on one last Sunday, was going very well!

Iirc that’s Mboy’s OH

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘New bike's first run’ is closed to new replies.