Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • New bike. Warning potential for jealousy content!!!!!
  • aidanoggy
    Free Member

So, this is my new bike, a Norco Sight 3 SE, first ride round red at Dalby on Saturday. Cracking bike, needs better wheels ant tyres though, and the wide bars and short stem took a bit to get used to after my Anthem. It climbs really well and drops like a rocket!

And the best bit? I won it in an Evans competition , I walked into Evans in York ( great guys BTW) and they just gave me it 8)

Believe it or not this makes me very happy 😀

Candodavid
    Free Member

Nah, still not jealous

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Didnt happen 😡

..congrats mate 😛

passtherizla
    Free Member

Very nice that dude… drops like a rocket?? not my rocket… my rocket is better. 😉

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Mmmmm nice wheels…

rickmeister

I’d take it back and get a clean one…

reggiegasket
    Free Member

they didn’t have time to trim the cables then…

timbur
    Free Member

Too complicated in my world. There’s suspension and stuff hanging off it!
    😀

Irish_AL
    Free Member

That bench could do with a lick of paint 🙂

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

How many animals did you snare on the ride?

patriotpro
    Free Member

You rode that around Dalby…What a waste of calories and bike degradation.

boltonjon

Lucky bugger!

Good work and enjoy – its not often someone has something good to say about Evans on this page

Enjoy!

honourablegeorge

Nice one. Norco seem to have lost their compulsion to build horrendously ugly bikes.

binners

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG63OtsKC7k[/video]

😀

PJM1974
    Free Member

That’s lovely! I really quite like those.

nigelb001
    Free Member

Not jealous at all 🙁 jammy bugger!

Lovely bike though.

Ditched the 110mm stem on my Anthem long ago.

mrblobby
    Free Member

They having to resort to giving 26ers away to shift stock now? 😉

aidanoggy
    Free Member

From what Evans were saying they can sell every one of these they can get. Took them 3 weeks to get me this one and they’re still showing out of stock of them
    It still needs a few tweaks to get it conpletely sorted but its a cracking bike out of the box

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

From what Evans were saying they can sell every one of these they can get. Took them 3 weeks to get me this one and they’re still showing out of stock of them

In which case they were telling you big fat porkie pies! They had those built up on the shop floor of their Waterloo branch just last week.

eyerideit
    Free Member

No jealousy here, not as nice as my bike.

Good skills on winning it though, but you should have sold it and put the money towards something decent! 😉

Trimix
    Free Member

You WON it ?!

How did that happen ?

boltonjon

eyerideit – Member
    No jealousy here, not as nice as my bike.

Good skills on winning it though, but you should have sold it and put the money towards something decent!

That’s harsh and a typical response from a typical STW forum keyboard warrior!

No, its not a Yeti or Santa Cruz ‘Uber bike’, buts is still a capable trail machine and is completely suitable for 95% of the riders on this forum

Plus, he’s got £2Ks worth of bike for nothing. Win win

And before you say state that i’m out of order, i spend far to much on bikes, but i’m fortunate not too have many overheads and a well paying job – but I fully appreciate how expensive a sport like this can be for people with other financial commitments

Its not the bike you ride – its how you ride it which is important

wwaswas

not as nice as my bike.

classy.

OP: Get those cables shorter and it’ll be ace 🙂

How did you find the Lev seatpost?

aidanoggy
    Free Member

The Lev came off my Anthem, as did the saddle, and its a great piece of kit, Big advantage is the cable doesnt move,and as the Norco has cable mounts along the top tube makes it a great fit. Cable needs trimming to length yet though as I put it on quickly to give the bike a ride.

And I know it’s not an uber bike , but its big brother won trail bike of the year, and it didn’t cost me anything! So I can spend some dosh on wheels and stuff and its still a bargain!

I won it by doing a rider survey that Evans were pushing on facebook, and they drew me out of the hat. Not sure if the fact that I do all different types of cycling helped.

And the bike they were struggling to get was the straight Sight 3, this is the SE with upgraded stuff and £150 more, so I got an upgrade on the prize as well. How many wins can you have? 😀

And as to Evans, wonderful people, I wont hear a word said against them!!!

stumpy01

Nice! The Sight to me is one of those bikes that looks right.

Congrats…

bones76
    Free Member

Enjoy your good fortune and enjoy your new bike, it is nice to hear someone have a bit of good luck and i wish it had been me to win a new bike!! 😀

Bregante

Surely rockets are designed to go up? Coming down is just an unavoidable consequence rather than a raison d’etre.

Very nice. 😉

donks
    Free Member

What a touch, good work fella
    And for the record I’d be very happy with the Norco looks really capable….. Some jealousy here

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘New bike. Warning potential for jealousy content!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.