Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New bike WARNING halfords content.
  • parkesie
    Free Member

having completed a 400 mile ride last week on my old road bike i decided finally, after 4 years of doing this road cycling stuff i actually do enjoy it. So with legs still tired i went on the hunt for a new bike. Looked at the trek madone 4.5, cannondale six, caad9 a willer, offerings from felt and fuji aswell. All were either unavailable in a size to fit me or i just didnt like the kit on them. Very nearly blew my budget out of the water on a fisher cronus beautiful bike great spec and none left in big. Next years model was even more expensive so that ended that one.

So off to halfords to have a look at these boardman bikes that people seem to recommend whist making that sucking through their teeth noise.
    Was originally looking at the £1200 carbon but finding a store that has one in is a bit of a pain. Found a store that had the carbon pro in and the carbon. In short i quickly ordered the carbon pro in xl and it just arrived this morning.

Set about building it up in the living room while the wife slept 🙂

Been out on for a 30 mile ride and im loving it.
    Mega easy to go very fast up and down hill. The SRAM force gearing is a joy to use the brakes are the best road bike brakes ive ever used, almost fell off 1st time i used them in anger wasnt expecting so much bite. The speed it changes direction was a revelation for me coming from my old bike even with the long stem that it comes fitted with.
    Going to get some more miles under the wheels over the next week or 2 and will keep this updated. initial impression is very good even the staff in store were helpful.

MrNutt
    Free Member

why didn't you keep all the lagging on? 😀

parkesie
    Free Member

was easier to fashion a helmet and and face visor from it 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

400 mile ride?

Impressive.

poppa
    Free Member

Very nice! They go even faster with pedals 😉

parkesie
    Free Member

Was over 5 days for McMillan and the royal British Legion. A great weeks cycling around the south of England.

Jamie
    Free Member

having completed a 400 mile ride last week

😯

belgianbob

Glad to see those wheel reflectors came off at the same time as the other packaging…
    Looks very nice. What's that cost?

parkesie
    Free Member

Those reflectors were huge can imagine the wheel wobble they would cause.
    Cost wise for what you get a bargain £1599.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New bike WARNING halfords content.’ is closed to new replies.