Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • New bike Vs Alps holiday?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Decision time:

Last minute holiday with the 456 to somewhere with chairlifts, or a new Pitch and messing arround in the UK for 9 days.

I probably wont regret either, so which would you go for?

Edit: this is for next week 🙂

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Alps holiday without a doubt

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

And you'll have a good time on the 456 and decide that actually you dont need a new bike anyway so it will save you money in the long run

wwaswas

new bike.

RealMan
    Free Member

Both.

hooja
    Free Member

buy the pitch, take both bikes to the alps and deal with the credit card when you get home!!!!!

dropoff

Holiday 🙂

lcj

Go to alps, trash bike, return from alps with reason to justify new one.

Sorted!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Yea I would go holiday. And Pitches arnt all they are cracked up to be. A bit too slack IMO.

EDIT: For normal riding anyway. Im as fast on my 456 as I was on my Pitch and faster still when going uphill.

Or buy an Evil Sov frame

reggiegasket
    Free Member

just got back from 5 days in Morzine on a 456

Absolutely brilliant. Loads more trails than last time I went (2007), especially in Les Gets. 456 handled it okay. The DH tracks are rutted so you take quite a battering, but the woodsy stuff was spot on.

thomthumb
    Free Member

456 in the alps – mucho fun

ross980
    Free Member

Possibly a 3rd option – You could go on holiday and hire a FS when you get there? That way you have reduced faff (i.e. not having to travel with the bike) plus you could use the holiday as an opportunity to help you decide whether you really want to go full suss or not? Bike hire might not be cheap though… 😕

Aidy
    Free Member

Alps.

New bikes are always awesome, but there's always something a bit more awesome around the corner – and I'm not sure of stock situations, but it might be a bit annoying trying to get hold of a new one before next week…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

How anoying is it when bike shops advertise soemthing as being in stock (you can even order it and pay for it) then tell you that actualy it doesn't exist 🙁

No bragain pitches left, although new model in 4-6 weeks apparently so will be keeping the credit card warm in case they discount the 2010 ones.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

unless theres anything actually wrong with your current bike, it'd be alps everytime for me.

in fact, i'm doing a similar thing. Off to the alps this year with my hardtail rather than getting a fancy new full-sus.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The missus has booked off half the week so the Alps is off the cards for the time being. Might try and squeeze in a week later in the year.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘New bike Vs Alps holiday?’ is closed to new replies.