Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • New bike u turn (thanks to my lass)
  • porlus
    Free Member

Well I had just about decide to get the new 2016 Whyte T-130 in glorious pink to replace my dodgy rear end C456.
    Until my lass said why dont you get a new frame, no need to spend almost £2k when a few hundred would do.
    Its a fair point to be fair.

Sooooooo, as I like the geometry on the C456 (coming from a steel on prior to this)

For information, my current bike has new rear mech, front mech, chainset and cassette and shifters.

Option 1 :-
    Get a 456 Evo 2 in the raw colour. Transfer all the bits over and treat myself to a reverb as current seatpost is a 31.6 dia KS lever operated jobby.

Option 2 :-
    Get a Cotic BFe in that awesome lime colour and keep all my bits including the lever operated seatpost.

Think both options will work out to be more or less the same price by time i’ve added new gear cables and headset on.

Really not sure which way to go.

JoeG
    Free Member

What did she already spend the remainder of your bike money on? 😈

porlus
    Free Member

Probably cardigans and prosecco haha. Actually only have a joint account for bills. Rest of our cash is in our own accounts.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

For ONCE, I will say go Cotic route, but only once!

porlus
    Free Member

For ONCE, I will say go Cotic route, but only once

Good job I heard ya then. Its a flipping good looking bike isnt it.

tish
    Free Member

I love mine

fizik
    Free Member

Or pick up a second hand nukeproof mega tr frame or similar. I had a bfe, was alright but my mates ragley blue pig always seemed the nicer frame.

shadowfax

Bfe vote here

Bucko

Isnt the Evo 2 a 1 1/8th headtube?

porlus
    Free Member

It is. My forks are non tapered so if I did get the bfe would need suitable bearings

breadcrumb

Yup, EVO II is limited to 1?” forks. Cracking bike though.

breadcrumb

porlus
    Free Member

Cheers for the responses folks. Been away from a decent internet connection for a few days. Looking the Bfe at the moment for me. Just need to get the means of paying for the frame sharpish as dont want it to sell out.
    Looking at sizings for these. Most people seem to go a size down. Normally i’m a medium frame bike. My C456 is 16″ and im 5`8″. Looks like I would be a small Bfe.

chiefgrooveguru

I’d get a medium, they’re not hugely long bikes, especially with longer forks (which shorten the reach).

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘New bike u turn (thanks to my lass)’ is closed to new replies.