• This topic has 28 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by poah.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • New bike – Transition Ripcord
  • poah
    Free Member

Bike Arrived this morning in a large box – excuse the pics I only have an iphone

weighs in at 30.4lb with his current pedals and comes with 9mm font and 10mm rear bolt through. Hubs are rebranded novatech so I could swap the rear axle over to the switch ultra hub.

The fork is a ton weight at 2150g with the SID at 1460g its a big chunk of weight removed.

With his old parts swapped over bike now weights a more respectable 25.85lb with pedals.

spec

Frame – Transition ripcord with monarch R
    Forks – SID RCT3 2015 MY
    Brakes – M675 SLX 203F 160R icetech
    Crank – Thorn 150mm + RF NW 30t
    Pedals – Kore thermo rivera
    Chain – KMC X10 93
    Cassette – XT 10sp
    Rmech – SLX shadow + medium
    shifter – zee 10sp
    Wheels – superstar switch evo (rebadged Novatec D881SB front and D882SB) laced to Alex ACE 20 rims with sapim race DB spokes. 9mm/10mm bolt through
    Tyres – Hutchinson toro 2.0 hardskin set up tubeless
    Saddle/seatpost – SDG bel air & SDG mico lay back may change to reverb if it fits OK extended
    Bar – Easton haven carbon 711mm
    Stem – superstar Zepher 50mm
    Grips – ODI rouge

woody2000

Is that a really posh kids bike, or are you really small?

Nice either way 🙂

johnnystorm

Going to be needing one of those in a few years… 🙂

carlphillips
    Free Member

sweet bike, if you dont mind me asking how much for frame only?

I am looking at 24″ bikes for my two at the moment, although they wont be getting owt like that.
    stuck between the genesis core with rst air fork upgrade or “proper” 26″ frame with 24″ wheels.

Propain Yuma also looks amazing!

poah
    Free Member

You can get the frame only with shock for the 2016 models – I had to buy the whole bike and take most of it off ha ha ha ha. I didn’t pay rrp which is £1299.

The yuma has massive chainstays for a 24 inch wheel bike which put me off it.

Northwind

That is bloody brilliant, good job.

carlphillips
    Free Member

Poah I hope your lad realizes how lucky he is!!
    Currently here in Morzine and my 2 are coping really well on almost fully rigid 20″ pieces of sht in the mud! it has also opened their eyes seeing all the really cool bikes in their size, loads of commy 24″ full suss here…!

ripcord would be a dream bike for them!!
    get some vids of him shredding soon!

poah
    Free Member

first ride

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

AWESOME! Look peeps, it even has a mini reverb.

Mamadirt member would be proud.

Now off you go to better the Transition ad video 8)

kayak23

Lush.

poah
    Free Member

ripping it

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Ace! 🙂

matt_outandabout

Braaaaaaap!

mj_jonesy
    Free Member

Hey matey,

I’m currently looking into 24″ bikes for my little one, it’s between the transition and a commencal…

As they are few and far between,would you mind me asking where you got your and what kinda price please 🙂

cheers
    Mark

poah
    Free Member

got mine from merlincycles – only reason to get the commencal would be for uplifts, its a lot of bike for a wee person to cycle up hills. it also has huge CS for a 24 inch bike. You will be able to buy the ripcord as a frame only option and build it up. I pretty much swapped everything over but the 2016 model has a 1×10 but the fork is stupidly heavy and the wheels are a little over 2kg a pair. Obviously depends on your budget.

smurf
    Free Member

@poah – Do you happen to know when the frame only deal will be on sale?

I called Transition a few months ago to ask / encourage them to do a frame only deal …and they said they probably would, so it’s good to hear from another source that it’s likely to happen.

I’ve build a Scott Spark 20 Jr from a bare frame and I’m after a Transition frame for the next build.

poah
    Free Member

no idea but its on their site as a frame only.

pickle
    Free Member

That’s ACE! I bet he loves it!!

poah
    Free Member
    smurf
    Free Member

Thanks for the price info.

V tempted by the merlin sale deal with a frame only price like that though…..

poah
    Free Member

get the merlin deal at that price

smurf
    Free Member

Merlin had sold all of the bikes by the time I called but I found one at almost the same price at MuddyBum bikes.

A frame only at 799 vs a full bike for v little more is a no brainer as far as I’m concerned. I plan to swap a few things for parts in the spares box.

Did you weigh the components that you took off?

poah
    Free Member

only the wheels and forks. Fork is almost 2.1kg and the wheels are similar

reggiegasket
    Free Member

thinner grips? Those are quite fat for a young un…?

poah
    Free Member

there are not too bad, I use them on a hard tail. Lewis has ergon GE1 slim

drovercycles
    Free Member

Don’t know if anyone is still looking, but there’s an ex-display Ripcord available at 30% off RRP if anyone’s interested.

poah
    Free Member

I’ll be interested when you have a small suppressor with %30 off lol

smurf
    Free Member

Thanks poah.

I’ve a pair of ZTR Crest 24″ and 240s hubs I’ve picked up off ebay for really good prices ready to be built..plus a few other bits in the spares box e.g. KCNC rotors, X9 shifters and mech, carbon bar…foam grips, so hopefully I can shift a bit of weight off the standard bike.

It may well be too big for my eldest but I wanted to secure one whilst they were reduced. Hopefully it will be about the right size (and finished!) in time for Spring / Summer.

I’ve seen your posts on other forums about the rear shock…what are you running at the moment?

poah
    Free Member

standard shock with a debonair air can. would have loved to have got him somthing better but can’t afford a new shock. might be worth sending it to j-tech to get tuned to £50 since is new. Going to get him crests built up with lighter spokes early next year, should loose about 250g off the wheels

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘New bike – Transition Ripcord’ is closed to new replies.