Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • New bike- Transition content
  • rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Still to have its first ride, just finished (although it needs a longer brake hose)

Very pleased, took a while to come together.

Many thanks to Pedals Edinburgh (frame and forks), Wicked Cycles (wheels) and Solid Rock Cycles (headset and bb clean)

Spec;

2014 Transition Bandit 27.5 in medium
    2014 Xfusion Sweep RL2
    Hope Hoops on Stans Flow
    Maxxis High Roller 2s
    26″ tubes (after several pinch punctures!)
    Zee rear mech
    11-36 XT cassette
    Sram chain/KMC powerlink
    Older XT chainset
    FSA 34t chainring
    Gamut chain device
    Answer Protaper bars
    Straitline 50mm stem
    Older SLX brakes
    Hope headset lower/cheapo top (Hope in the post)

jambalaya
    Free Member

Nice. Make sure the lower chain stay protector is cable-tied in place and consider one on the upper. My Covert took a battering and lost quite a bit of paint, now has thick old inner tubes top and bottom.

bungalistic
    Free Member

Looking pretty nice, I love my 26 bandit. You running the forks at 160mm?

richen987
    Free Member

Nice to see one built up, mines in a box under the bed waiting for some free time.
    Great bikes, replaced my 26 bandit with one.
    Should be a barrel of laughs, let me know how the 160 fork works out, will be interested to know.

daveh
    Free Member

Looks like a ripper! Nice component choices too.

kayak23

That is seriously nice. Lovely shapes.
    You should probably install some form of edging there on the ground to reduce the chance of cross contamination of gravel types. Detracts from the bike a bit, lovely though it is…

swanky
    Free Member

Great bike, fantastic choice. We’re looking forward to getting ours into Swanky HQ at the end of the month.

Transition keep getting better and better.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Running the forks at 160mm isn’t through choice- its not the easiest fork to change the travel on- I tried, sadly don’t have an arbor press!

richen987
    Free Member

Interesting, I thought the x fusions were supposed to be easy to change, I have a set of 150 pikes to go on mine, thought about the sweeps but no one had any untill next month and no one could confirm that date either.
    They look nice , I had slants on the bandit and they were great forks so sweeps should be really nice too.
    Can’t wait to get it built up

daveh
    Free Member

Running the forks at 160mm isn’t through choice- its not the easiest fork to change the travel on- I tried, sadly don’t have an arbor press!

You can’t just drift it out then?

Rogman
    Free Member

I have just recently completed a Bandit 275 build (same colour) with Pike forks and generally XT gear, test rode it a few weeks ago. So impressed with it, not sure whether it was the Pike forks or more likely a combination of things, after every downhill section it produced a silly grin.

It’s nice to know that when you spend a significant amount of money it does make a differance!

Rogman
    Free Member

I have just recently completed a Bandit 275 build (same colour) with Pike forks and generally XT gear, test rode it a few weeks ago. So impressed with it, not sure whether it was the Pike forks or more likely a combination of things, after every downhill section it produced a silly grin.

It’s nice to know that when you spend a significant amount of money it does make a differance!

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Daveh/richen987- turns out a drift/punch did the trick- took it to Ben@ Kinetics and now at 140mm. First ride tomorrow!!

richen987
    Free Member

Enjoy it, let us know how it is

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘New bike- Transition content’ is closed to new replies.