Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • New bike to mess about on
  • ljs1977
    Free Member

I have a lovely carbon XC MTB, but feel a bit silly clipped in messing around with the little’n on the park with it.

So I fancy a single speed, cheap play / park bike. I am 36 and 5’9, would like a BMX but think I am past it!

What would you recommend or have you seen knocking around on the classified ads?

I was thinking about a 24 / 26 inch rigid dj bike?.

Ideally under £200 for manuals, hops and jumps in the park / car parks to keep me amused when the little girl wants to go out and play.

Cheers

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’ve just bought one of these for a little over half your budget:

Ticks all your boxes. Bought for the same reason – my ‘taking the little un to the park on his balance bike’ was a Curtis S1 singlespeed. So bought this and it’ll double up for taking the littler one in his bike seat.

ljs1977
    Free Member

DBW what is the bike?

Matt_SS_xc

That’s a cool looking play bike. What is it?!?

_tom_
    Free Member

Sunday Model C bmx if you can find one for cheap – got mine 2nd hand for £120 collected! Its a 24″ bmx btw but feels a lot more “bmx” than other cruisers. I got it because I still love bmx but just can’t get comfortable on a 20 any more, got no cconfidence on em.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Get a BMX, absolutely no point getting a halfwayhouse rigid 24/26″ bike.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Swobo Folsom. Not sure they do the full bike anymore – think it might be frameset only. Coaster rear brake, wide bars, flat pedals – looking forward to pootling to the park as much as looning around in the woods with a lumberjack shirt on and a bottle of beer in the cage!

ljs1977
    Free Member

Onza Trail bike! Currently being watched on fleabay 😀

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Not much fun for jumps/manuals/rolling about on. If you can learn how to do gap/back/pedal hops then that’ll open up a whole new world of trials for you though.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Theres a black market in the classifieds.. Mmmm.

ljs1977
    Free Member

£900, mmmm NO! The Mrs would kill me – nice though

tinsy
    Free Member

These are good, was selling once but found a BMX track to play on… Might sell still if you fancy.
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-big-bmx-26-wheel-bmx-bike-singlespeed-klunker-pub-bike-hack

Rickos
    Free Member

Big BMX or a cruiser for the win. I use an old Chameleon for riding with my boys, although it doubles up as my SS when I fancy doing a bit of that.

tmb467
    Free Member

Got a rigid 24″ dmr rhythm

Email in profile – happy to come to a decent price under your budget

ljs1977
    Free Member

Fancy a trial bike but will never use it properly, just hopping about, so perhaps a bmx would be best.

No idea what I’m looking for though!

lunge

I have for sale just the thing. A Planet X Jack Flash with RS Domain forks, good fun to jump on, enough suspension for a spot of DH and just a generally silly bike to play on. Make me an offer!!!!

ljs1977
    Free Member

Thanks bud, but after a trials bike or bmx, no gears or suss.

ljs1977
    Free Member

Thanks DT none of them say what size they are?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

😀

They’re bmx’s so they’ll come in a range of sizes between 20 & 21 inch.

I think you’ll find you’ll fit all of them fine.

ljs1977
    Free Member

Thanks, thought I needed a 21+

ljs1977
    Free Member

What are good makes of bmx for a second hand purchase?

sharkattack

BUY THIS RIGHT NOW

Then get rad…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘New bike to mess about on’ is closed to new replies.