Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New bike (to me) – old's cool
  • stevied
    Free Member

Always had a fondness for the old fat-tubed Cannondale’s from the days of old.
    Remember ogling them in MyCycles in Malvern around the time of the original Classic.
    So when my mate told me his brother was selling one, I thought it would be perfect for bike rides with the kids.
    Needs some tidying up and a bit of updating but not bad for £50:

And it does have all the bits, just started by stripping the frame down and replacing the RS Dart3 with the original rigid forks 😉

mrblobby
    Free Member

Nice. Had an M500 back in the day. Still regret selling it on.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

RockShox stickaz on rigid bikez FTW!

stevied
    Free Member

RockShox stickaz on rigid bikez FTW!

That’ll be coming off very soon 😉

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Good stuff, FWIW I’d build with period stuff rather than updating. Build it like the bike you ogled in the shop window, getting parts isn’t difficult and some of the old stuff works as well as the new stuff if not better. It can be enjoyable hunting down the bits that you want and need and if you appreciate the limits they are a joy to ride too.

stevied
    Free Member

I’m thinking of trying to keep it as true as possible but it is only as an occasional bike so don’t want to spend forever trying to find the ‘right’ bits.
    I have found somewhere that does the original decals so might get it repainted.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New bike (to me) – old's cool’ is closed to new replies.