Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New bike time – mostly downhill focus but with the chance of riding uphills….
  • marko75
    Free Member

its time for a new bike – I am starting to like riding downhills a bit too much so want a more fun DH’esq kind of bike. I dont mind a little cycling up hills especially as its quicker and means you can get more runs DH!

I was thinking of a YT Capra, or similar from Canyon (torque gapster) but can’t decide.

Then heard about the cube fritz but talking with some owners at bpw there seems to be some quality issues.

Any suggestions? thanks

kendo954
    Free Member

Capra is a great bike… But everyone has one now

kendo954
    Free Member

Capra is a great bike… But everyone has one now

teethgrinder

Rune

kendo954
    Free Member

loops sorry for the double post… and not even posting what i typed?!?

teeth grinder beat me to it….

I went for the banshee rune, it really does do everything quite well, i have done uplifts at inners, and local DH trails in N.Ireland, raced Endu…….no can’t say the E word!!!! also do a few big mountain days in the mourne mountain natural trails

great bike

andylc
    Free Member

This is basically a ‘my bike is awesome’ thread. But what the hell. Got a Norco Range Carbon earlier this year. Fantastic bike for everything, but particularly hooning it downhill. 160mm front and rear. Brilliant spec, I can’t think of a single negative thing to say about it.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Giant Reign
    YT Capra
    Orbea Rallion
    Mondraker Dune

Those were my shortlisted bikes, I went with the Giant as it’s lower and longer in the top tube than the Capra whilst not being as ridiculous as the Mondraker.

Here are my thoughts on the bike

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/put-a-deposit-down-on-a-giant-reign

It also pedals very well considering how sensitive the suspension is.

Rorschach
    Free Member

NP Mega Am
    GT Sanction

marko75
    Free Member

There are some great suggestions! Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New bike time – mostly downhill focus but with the chance of riding uphills….’ is closed to new replies.