Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New bike time!
  • AndyRT
    Free Member

It’s been a few years and its time for a change. Time for niche. Time to leave the worries of 29, 27.5, 700c and what tyre? Behind. There are only 2 options for tyres, but the knard works for me 8)

Enough clues….current state of build

I want to call it a Hefty, anyone out there know of a decal person that help to fulfil my decal needs?

Thanks to Charlie, Dave, very strong coffee and the use of their workshop and skills, plus the added soundtrack of tired, soaking wet hire bike customers in the brilliantly busy bikemongerer’s emporium

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is that a fat leftie? does it have a twin?

AndyRT
    Free Member

It has a few siblings, in Devon & Dorset.

The fork was a Max upper, Rock Shox air damper (so I can make it just for big hits as the Knards will do the rest) and 110 lowers. With 2 spacers to make it a 90mm fork. Axle to crown 685(ish). Project321 steerer and clamps to 1 1/8th.

Tony at Thumbprint built the fork and s willing to do it again

Charlie the Bike Mongerist supplied the build kit and might be persuaded to bring another Surly into the world… 😉

Project321 are in the USA, but are amongst the most helpful people I have ever come across.

Building as 1×9.

z1ppy

A-to-C 685mm?
    Seems excessively, especially for a 90mm travel fork, a normal lefty 140 max is only 510mm (508mm) IIRC. Then you’ve got spacer and a riser bar, is the front end not a little tall?

AndyRT
    Free Member

Not or a Krampus, nope. Ah, 485….my mistake.

parkesie
    Free Member

Lots of leftys around on here think this is the funnest looking use for one ive seen yet tho.

z1ppy

😀

AndyRT
    Free Member

Once it’s built I’ll let you know how it rides, but from what I’ve read, it will be great fun 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New bike time!’ is closed to new replies.