Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • New bike thread… it's big, orange and has an engine.
  • weeksy

Well…

some decisions happened yesterday which meant the 750K7 was sold and moved on…. getting picked up at the weekend.

So I was umming and ahhhing as to what happens next….

I decided to fill a longstanding ‘want’…. And have purchased an RC8.

Comes with FDSH, well, for what it’s worth considering it only has 2300 miles on the clocks.
    Standard bike, which suits my wants well…

I’ve wanted an RC8 since first seeing them many years ago, despite not exactly being blown away on the test ride, compared to a 1098. but things like massive Ducati service costings and the fact I really see myself as a KTM person, in the same way I see Couchie as a Ducati person.

they just scream WANT to me….

So I’ve bought one.

Collect it Sunday.

duntstick
    Free Member

Nice beastie, wouldn’t ride on the back though 😉

fasthaggis

Those lines are all a bit too TRON for me,but you can’t see that when you are riding it,enjoy. 😉

racefaceec90

i think i just had a sex wee (i wish i could afford a motorcycle 🙁

33tango

Weapon!

therevokid
    Free Member

pass me that box of tissues …… yum and then some 🙂

I’m hankering after the 450 rally …. 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Looks like the backend off one of their supermotos. I assume there is a reason it’s that high?

passtherizla
    Free Member

Lovely!
    Well done that man.

weeksy

Jamie – Freeloader!

Looks like the backend off one of their supermotos. I assume there is a reason it’s that high?

I have a fat arse.

Jamie
    Free Member

That would explain a wide rear end, not one that may cause you to leave your pillion embedded in a low bridge. 😀

wrecker
    Free Member

Very very nice…until you get to the back. Ruins the lines of the bike.
    I’ll have one of these please;

TheOtherJamie
    Free Member

Congratulations, I’ve had the faster white model for a few years now but embarrassingly have only done about 150 miles this year.

The seats adjustable and that does look like it’s in the high setting.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Wierdly, I want this more, despite being 6ft and 100kg :-S

weeksy

Congratulations, I’ve had the faster white model for a few years now but embarrassingly have only done about 150 miles this year.

I like the white, I’d have actually preferred the white R. But needs and budget meant that wasn’t going to happen. This was a good price and a silly low mileage on it meaning it was the right choice.

I’ve owned 8 possibly 9… KTM’s… and a KTM is deffo the bike I wanted next… Despite arguably it being the completely wrong bike for me hahahaha

theprancinghorse
    Free Member

oooooerrrrr that is nice

benji
    Free Member

Very nice, they sound lovely.

Have they sorted the problem with the leaky headlights now, or do you still need the colour coded goldfish for it when it fills? 😆

weeksy

Well that all went a little wrong.

I’ve been beaten and battered with logic…

I’m now a £250 deposit down on the deal… but you know what, it doesn’t matter too much lol.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What happened?

flange
    Free Member

Have you had second thoughts? Is it still for sale?

Bregante

I suspect a woman may be involved somewhere along the lines….

anagallis_arvensis

Didnt you buy a new bike 3 weeks ago?
    I’ve worn a pair of pants longer than you keep a bike

legend
    Free Member

*reported* this thread isn’t nearly mincey enough for STW. You’ll need to come back when you’ve sold it for a BMW GS

weeksy

Women indeed.

I’m personally not sure it should matter when I last bought a bike, especially as I was selling other bikes to fund it, not cash.

I’m not terribly happy and she now knows it. It also cost me £250 deposit I’ve now lost. Hmmmmm.

I was going to sell the track bike but I’ll now keep it out of spite lol.

legend
    Free Member

*un-reported* normal service resumed

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bloody lovely, even though you may not now be getting it (unless you grow a pair) but my, oh, my that is one proper bike.
    I don’t think I’ve seen one on the road yet, are they too quick for me to even focus on one? I do wonder, I like orange and can spot an, erm, orange from 100ft.

The only thing that put me off, the pic where you showed the back end, the one with the wrecked tyre.. That Sir would frighten me sideways.

Shame you’ve not bought it. I imagine it would be one helluva hoot.

You get the OK from me if that helps/counts for anything 😀

cheez0
    Free Member

Major bragging fail.

Lets look again at all those pictures of the bike you didnt buy, plus the amount of beer and fags you could buy for£250

weeksy

Don’t forget, I have an aprilia tuono, 1000cc twin and a gsxr 750 k7. Both are the same ball park speed wise.

In her defence the wife never said no, just pointed out a few things. Add to the fact she’ll have to ride it on track too. I’m honestly completely torn.

benji
    Free Member

You should have remembered, it’s easier to seek forgiveness than acceptance.

weeksy

True… but she did have good points…

So I’m now stuck with just having these 2.

totalshell

you see where you went wrong… you told her.. the secret to a happy life and six motorcycles in the garage a kit car and a 4×4 is never say a word. ensure each arrives when she is out and is placed in the garage for which only you have the key. then several indutrial sized dutsheets keep them cosy. when you take one out to play do so nonchantly as though you ve had it since the ice age. if asked when did that arrive.. stock reply is ”what this old thing” how much did it cost ”if you dont ask questions of me i can never lie to you”..

i did sell one once upon request for new carpets through out the house and a new bathroom.. lived on it for years, the self sacrifice etc etc..

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘New bike thread… it's big, orange and has an engine.’ is closed to new replies.