Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New bike thoughts? on a budget…
  • LMT
    Free Member

Mate of mine has had his bike stolen, looking for a replacement talking through his idea is the same as mine, but I’ve got the bike he wants and we would look a right pair of numpties on the trails together with the same bikes. I’ve got this years 29er Camber Comp, its pretty much the same as he wants, 120-130mm travel, 29er.

Had a look at last years camber evo and they have it in the right size, any others to look out for? I did recommend a canyon but for some reason isn’t a fan. Budget is around £1500 and last years models isn’t an issue.

matt_outandabout

£1500 is not a budget. £150 is.

Go for the one that rides nice / is ace colour / best deal.

LMT
    Free Member

I suggested the Trigger, but he had the Jekyll before and the triple can rear sus was a ball ache he likes to tinker with his own suspension repairs etc which is great but not something he wants this time round.

v666ern
    Free Member
    Malvern Rider
    Free Member

we would look a right pair of numpties on the trails together with the same bikes

Doesn’t seem to bother pro/team riders 😉 in fact I have a friend who loves his Audi Quattro so much that he hangs out with other ppl who also drive them! Maybe it’s that you don’t like yr bikes enough?

If you’re that fashion-conscious maybe try different colour helmets? Then he can still have the bike he claims to want!* 😉

*wait – did *you* put him off buying one, or was impromptu style conference called? Dayum!

chakaping
    Free Member

The OP and his pal, pictured yesterday…

LMT
    Free Member

Haha very funny, the rose bike has promise can alter the spec, add some pikes and upgrade the brakes, not a bad choice.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New bike thoughts? on a budget…’ is closed to new replies.