Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
  • New bike thoughts: Bronson – Over hyped??
  • JCL
    Free Member

No but Gwinn couldn’t ride the standard Demo for toffee because the short rear centre.

The kinematics will be as flawed as any other SC VPP. It’s impossible to have a flat leverage rate with counter-rotating links.

Still, they’ll market the hell out of them and sell a truck load.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

But many will enjoy riding it, love riding it and ride it to the top step of podiums all over the world, is it possible the major flaw you see is it’s not a 29r Enduro? Having ridden plenty of bikes the VPP ones are standing out as my favourite and preferred choice these days. I wish I had the time to be able to over analyse the numbers on bikes to try and decide if they are any good or not but I’ll stick to the ride them test.

The Gwinn issue didn’t seem to impact Troy Brosnan much.

JCL
    Free Member

The bottom line is an air shock (or any shock) is only as good as the loads placed on it and they don’t perform well with wildly varying leverage rates. That’s why you see guys like PUSH doing more custom damped shock tunes for SC and Intense VPP’s than any other design.

The E29 is far from perfect. Sure I like 29″ and I own an E29 but I’d still change things about it. The suspension however is hard to fault.

Two things re Gwinn/Brosnan. Gwinn had spent two (three?) seasons on a Trek with a 450mm rear centre. Troy doesn’t know any better, he’s been riding the bikes for years and he rides a small so the rear centre is better balanced with the front.

Also, IMO, Brosnan is an unbelievable talent.

chakaping
    Free Member

The Gwinn issue didn’t seem to impact Troy Brosnan much.

Much as I hate to get involved in a pissing match between two internerds, Brosnan is a teeny-tiny guy – so you’re sort of supporting JCL’s point there.

Is Norco the only company that scales the rear end of their bikes? Or the only one that made a fuss about it?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Liteville do too.

chakaping
    Free Member

It’s an idea that I could buy into anyway, was it Dirt wrote a few years ago that you should always buy a bike designed by someone the same height as yourself?

chiefgrooveguru

It’s an idea that I could buy into anyway, was it Dirt wrote a few years ago that you should always buy a bike designed by someone the same height as yourself?

I think being average-ish height and weight puts you in a much better place when it comes to frame sizing and stiffness and fork/shock tunes! More effort required to get as good a bike if you’re tall/short, heavy/light.

Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘New bike thoughts: Bronson – Over hyped??’ is closed to new replies.