Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New bike thoughts
  • daviek

I’m finally thinking of getting around to taking advantage of the cyclescheme at work and putting it towards building a new bike. Ive started to be more adventurous and the hard tail is beginning to give my knees hell on the rougher stuff.

My plan (should it get passed by the boss) is to use the scheme for the frame and then getting all the build parts from CRC would get me 2 years interest free credit with paypal. I could buy it outright but I just cant face spending all that cash in one go 😳

Im so far looking at an Aeris 145 but have also looked at a Rocket (really like my BFe) and thought about a Banshee Rune. Im edging towards the Aeris due to the warranty you get as this bike will probably be with me for a long time.

I stay in the NE of Scotland so getting to a demo day isn’t really practical although Cotic have been up this way in the past.

any thoughts on other frames I should be looking at?

Cheers

Davie

patriotpro
    Free Member

Airdrop Edit

monkeyboyjc

Trying to find a shop that’ll do you only a frame on the cyclesheme will be your first hurdle – it’s for bikes only. Some shops stick to the rules, some don’t……

Best bet would be to use the voucher / intrest free credit in the same shop.

daviek

Im pretty sure you can get practically anything bike related with the scheme.

I was looking at the Edit but for some reason im not convinced, no idea why though.

freeagent
    Free Member

Im pretty sure you can get practically anything bike related with the scheme.

You can get spares/consumables for your commuter bike on C2W.
    I guess a new frame is a spare if you’ve just broken your old one ;o)

daviek

Yes that’s it!! And I’ve some very choppy terrain to cover to get there …….

monkeyboyjc

You can get a bike…..
    You can get a bike and ‘accessories’ (lights, a bell, some clothes)…
    You can even just get the accessories if you already own a bike…..

You can’t buy parts of a bike with the scheme.
    Well not unless you have a friendly shop that is willing to loose potential future deals & trade with cyclescheme for your 1k frame.

If your willing to get interest free credit for the rest of the bike, why not get a 2016 sale bike on 0%?

Also why would your boss let you do this in the first place….? If you pull out of the scheme he could be left with a random bike frame.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New bike thoughts’ is closed to new replies.