Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • New bike – Solo
  • neilforrow

New bike for me. Out with the HD and in with the solo. Suits me much better. Not saying the HD was crap, I just didn’t get on with it.

Summary of the spec is: SoloC, Pike solo air, Tune/BOR King Kong hubs on dt480 rims, xtr mech, e13 crank, bor bb, saint chain guide, renthal bar and stem. Rest you can work out.

So far been to Bourg and local trails (dartmoor / haldon / tavi / cardinham) and it has been spot on. It felt a little out its depth on the marked open piste type DH trails in Les Arc but then that’s not its intended purpose. Dosn’t mind being in the air tho.

Great bike. Think I will be keeping this one for a while.

willv

cool just put in the order for an orange one after having the demo for 3 days. Just got to wait a while now…….

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

What length you running Pikes at?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

you mean the 5010? Rocky owns solo hence the change, yours is probably very limited 🙂

Burchy1
    Free Member

Is that a 26″ wheel in the back? 😉

BoardinBob

Saw one outside the breakpad at Kirroughtree. Fell in love instantly. Turns out it belongs to Sam from the shop. Absolutely stunning bike and I want it now. Absolutely no need for it but I must have it.

neilforrow

Chunky – 150mm. Feel spot on, they are close to the recc’ A-C height. Great fork.

Mike, yep collectors edition!

sorry to disappoint burchy, haven’t got the photo to hand to post!

tomhoward

Rode one at a Stif demo day a few weeks ago. I proclaimed that all bike maufacturers should stop trying, as the Solo C (with wishlist parts, XX1, Enve rims etc) was perfect.

Will be ordering same in the very near future.

ceepers

pretty much my dream bike right there (although i like the orange!)

Realistically the bantham might be all i could afford, anyone know how it compares?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Wanted a Blur TR as soon as I rode one of those and suspect that if I rode a Solo it would be just as instant. Looks like perfect for the majority of the kind of riding I do.

willv

I too rode the top spec demo which was great but could never afford. Will spec mine a bit lower but still XT, Hope/stans arch, rs sector.

Can’t wait till dec though

antares
    Free Member

Ordered mine 3 weeks ago, looking at mid to end of November till it arrives. The waits killing me 🙁

Burchy1
    Free Member

You want to put the 26″ wheel back in then as I quote “flippin heck it’s flippin ace, like a little DH bike, nice slack HA and low BB, I might leave it in [may have been slightly more industrial language]” 😉

It is a looker though.

neilforrow

just to let everybody in on the secret burchy is on about – 26″ rims still have a purpose: trashed the rear wheel 2nd day in to a long weekender in bourg and stuck a 26″ in the back.

slackened it out, lowered the bb a touch and i loved it. It was fantastic, no need for a slack set or offset bushes, just dump a 26″er in the back.!.

For those who have one on order, well worth the wait.

creepers – i wanted the orange but would have had to have waited a long time so black was in.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘New bike – Solo’ is closed to new replies.