Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New bike shop in Saltaire? – Saltaire Cycles
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Has anyone used it yet?

I need a new LBS/repair shop after a staff member at All Terrain Cycles was very rude to my wife and nearly reduced her to tears, just for dropping off a broken wheel of mine with them.

http://saltairecycles.co.uk

martinhutch

Wow. Wouldn’t have expected that.

Sorry, haven’t used the new one yet. If it’s repairs/maintenance you’re after, how about Stu Rider out Skipton way? There’s a newish shop in Ilkley too which seems to be run by reasonable people.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Has anyone used it yet?

I need a new LBS/repair shop after a staff member at All Terrain Cycles was very rude to my wife and nearly reduced her to tears, just for dropping off a broken wheel of mine with them

Im really shocked and puzzled at that, I have nothing but good service from ATC, they often do the odd thing free of charge for me (undo really tight bolts) etc and have a friend who works there; the nicest guy you could meet.

I would ring up and speak to Tony Booth about it.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I did speak to Tony, and he defended is employee, which I would expect him to. I couldn’t fault the staff either, but this guy was just dam rude and lied about what was said in a conversation.

dalesjoe
    Free Member

Never had a problem with ATC. But only ever use Stu now at RCC in Skipton. You’ll be hard pushed to meet a nicer bloke.

whitestone
    Free Member

A surprise to me (I work at the other end of Saltaire).

I’ve not had a problem with ATC but do find some of their staff a bit “odd” and occasionally condescending. I’ve had the occasional freebie when I’ve been looking for some weird part but will buy quite a bit of stuff there – a pair of shoes for me and a pair of shorts for my wife for example last week.

The “new” shop in Ilkley is a relocated JD Cycles – at least one of the staff used to be at Aire Valley Cycles before that closed.

I wonder how much this new shop will affect Ellis Briggs in Shipley?

bearnecessities

Ellis Briggs in Shipley?

My only experience of that place was an emergency puncture situation a couple of years ago and stupidly had nothing on me (I’d parked up car and gone for a sunny-day pootle along canal).

The guy made me leave my (clean) bike outside and bring just the wheel in!

I’ve not had a problem with ATC but do find some of their staff a bit “odd” and occasionally condescending. I’ve had the occasional freebie when I’ve been looking for some weird part

Spookily, exactly the same for me. Been a few times and bought clothing mainly; staff are a bit aloof but they did help me on a Sunday once by rummaging through spares box for a retainer plate for my cleats, which was nice of them.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Im another one who always uses Stu In skipton, although I’m only in the market for bike repairs these days, tend to buy all bike stuff online, don’t think I’ve been in a traditional bike shop for a couple of years.

robdob
    Free Member

I once had a load of tubing decals for free off a guy who works at ATC for the retro bike crowd, they were chucking them out. I sent a couple off for free to folk who wanted them then after a few weeks of bumping the thread I was giving them away on I popped them on eBay internationally to reach a wider audience, covering costs plus a few (literally) pence. The guy who gave them to me then sent me a nasty email having a right go at me. Not bought anything since from them

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New bike shop in Saltaire? – Saltaire Cycles’ is closed to new replies.