Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • New bike shop in Lancaster
  • grumm
    Free Member

Just seen it today, not open yet – Destination Cycles – near the Library. Anyone know owt about them? A quick google doesn't reveal much. They seemed to have Scott and Dawes stuff up in the windows,

Another LBS has to be a good thing anyway I suppose.

shoei
    Free Member

Saw that yesterday as i was walking through town. Should be interesting to see what they have and how they compare to Edge and Leisure Lakes.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

where exactly ?

grumm
    Free Member

Simon it's near ultimate outdoors, by the back entrance to the library.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

thanks Graham, I'll take a look. It doesn't seem to have any web presence.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I walked by the shop, and apart from a couple of biking posters and scattered junk, it's still a shell, without any fittings, and with a sign on the door saying "knock hard we're upstairs"…

grumm
    Free Member

I did say in the OP that it isn't open yet…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

It’s open, and the proprietor has heard of STW 🙂

(this isn’t an advert, I have no connection with the shop)

IamSam
    Free Member

bloody hell, we’ve now got three bike shops, will have a scoot past on the way home and have a wee peek. Didn’t think there’d be enough of a market for all three to survive………………….bike shop fight

crazy-legs

It’s open, and the proprietor has heard of STW

Presumably as soon as you started taking pics he said “oh you must be simonfbarnes”

😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Well, this may be the best location. I was only in there a few minutes and I forgot to ask what experience they had in the trade…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Presumably as soon as you started taking pics he said “oh you must be simonfbarnes”

my notoriety hasn’t spread quite that far…

grumm
    Free Member

I noticed it was open but didn’t have time to look inside – what brands do they stock other than Scott? Doesn’t look hugely inspiring to me to go and buy stuff there from first impressions.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

http://www.destinationcycles.co.uk/

I’m not interested in bikes so I didn’t look at the stock 🙂

crazy-legs

I’m not interested in bikes so I didn’t look at the stock

If there were any female members of staff he’d be able to tell you all about them, in fact their pics would be above! Bikes though…

grumm
    Free Member

So why did you go in and take pics Simon if you are not interested in bikes? Is it in case there were ladies there like crazy-legs says? 🙂

About Us
    We offer a wide range of:

X
    Y
    Z
    We sell the latest designs and brands which are popular with our customers.

Useful info.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

So why did you go in and take pics Simon if you are not interested in bikes?

because other people are 🙂 And I am occasionally when I break something…

no totty just 2 very stocky middleaged blerks 🙁

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I bought a BMX from a shop in Lancaster years ago, I thinks it’s called Leisure Lakes now but had a different name then, probably 2002 ish. Anyway, it’s good to see another shop in such a small city, just hope it lasts.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

We’ve had 2 shops open and then close in the last 15 years. One opposite the cop shop (now a funeral parlour) and the other opposite the market on China Street. I think it’s fair to say both were run by people with little knowledge of the trade, the owner of the former had previouly run a chip shop 🙂

GlitterGary
    Free Member

“Both were run by people with little knowledge of the trade”

They weren’t branches of Evans were they? 😯

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘New bike shop in Lancaster’ is closed to new replies.