Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • New bike shop in Frodsham, N.Cheshire
  • ikimbunza
    Free Member

Just noticed that a new bike shop is opening in Frodsham, N. Cheshire.

Lapierre van outside gives a clue as to one of the brands sold. My wife has picked up a flyer suggesting decent discounts upon opening.

No, i don't work for the shop but thought people living around Delamere might be interested.

Chris

smeg
    Free Member

Noticed this on my commute the other day, looks a decent size shop.

http://twelve50bikes.com/

Opening 1st April, will go and have a look, it'll be my closest LBS to work so hopefully have decent staff/stock/prices.

brooess
    Free Member

Hope it works, I reckon there's a market for it in the area. Didn't the one above Blockbuster fail a few years ago tho?

ikimbunza
    Free Member

Agree, definately a market for it.

Yeah, the Blockbuster shop failed. Didn't have the best 'presence' if you know what i mean and it never really worked out what sort of market it was appealing to.

Living in Frodsham i notice loads of people driving through the town on the way to Delamere from Liverpool and Manchester so fingers crossed they can pick up some passing trade.

Shame its in the old Off-Licence though. Lost our local purveyor of quality bottled beers 😥

Chris

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Anywhere that means I don't have to go to Dave Hinde ( Im in Northwich) will always get my custom…

steve_b77
    Free Member

Fantastic.

Hope it doesn't get done over as regularly as the offie though!

stever
    Free Member

Yep, they look like they're going for it from the work going on. Really hope they've done their sums and it works out.

tops5
    Free Member

Apparently he's just given up working with my mate at Fiddlers Ferry power station – good luck to him!

steve_b77
    Free Member

Certainly takes balls in the current financial climate

Twelve50
    Free Member

Hi Guys,

This is just a bit of hello to anyone local to the new shop, and anyone that might pay us a visit in the future. Thanks for the positive comments for the shop!!

I'm Matt, one of the owners, the other guy is Rick (Used to work for Hotlines)

Quick queery for tops5, who do you know at Fiddlers Ferry, it's correct I used to work there 2 years ago, speant 10 yrs there 🙂

Chris, sorry for the loss of local beers, but we are thinking of using the local brewery for some promotional Twelve50 ales made for the opening evening, maybe we'll force a few on you 🙂

With regards to brands, we are definately stocking Lapierre, Cube, Saracen and Genesis.
    We can get other goodies on request like Rocky Mountain, Mondraker, Cove, Turner, Nukeproof to mention a few….

Anyway, hopefully see you guys in the future, pop in for a brew or a coffee, the pot will always be on the counter ready!! And don't forget to get hold of one our discount fliers….

Cheers,

Matt

stew1982
    Free Member

Coffee! Discount Flyers! – Opening April 1st and local to me!
    your winding me up! – please say it ain't true! 😛

genesis
    Free Member

Anyone know of a new shop thats supposed to be opening in Chester?

Twelve50
    Free Member

Ha ha, yes Stu it's all true!!

And yes Genesis there's possibly another shop opening in Chester.

Matt

DavidM
    Free Member

Sweeeeet. A decent LBS that can be accessed on good trails can only be a good thing. Hope it goes well guys. I'll be paying a visit no doubt

stever
    Free Member

Hey Matt – good luck with it. You looked like you were grafting away when I stared in at the weekend. Stationhouse Brewery are nice folk and good to deal with. We had bottles and labels for the Helsby Half Marathon in Jan – but I wouldn't really recommend that one. Clearly you need to do some serious sampling!

hughjengin
    Free Member

Best of luck in the new shop. I am a zesty owner and a real Lapierre fan, so will be glad to have a dealer within 40 miles for spares etc.

genesis
    Free Member

So how far is Alf Jones' in Wrexham from you then h?

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Any plans for Sunday opening?

sharkbait
    Free Member

And yes Genesis there's possibly another shop opening in Chester.

Really? I see there's also a new shop opened on the roundabout (near the Lexus garage) at Cheshire Oaks. Not sure what they're selling though. Interesting times – all the best to everybody giving it a go.

mccett
    Free Member

missingfrontallobe – Member
    Any plans for Sunday opening?

Matt, point Rick in the direction of this thread…. haha. Be down next week once my decorating here is sorted to give you a hand with whatever.
    Tony

genesis
    Free Member

There is talk of a setup called 69Cycles opening, could be the Cheshire Oaks lot though.

hughjengin
    Free Member

So how far is Alf Jones' in Wrexham from you then h?

Alf Jones, is about the same for me as Frodsham would be, not much in it really. I have bought a few bits and bobs from them in the past, mainly road stuff though, including my first Cannondale road bike from Gaz there many years ago (not sure if hes still there, but I have ridden a few road races against him since 🙂
    Alf Jones, is a shop I like a lot, good stock, always very helpful and friendly. I'd by a bike from them again without hesitation, just thought they were Cannondale, giant and trek dealers, but maybe wrong.

genesis
    Free Member

Yep Gaz is still there. Have taken LaPierre on for this year too.

hughjengin
    Free Member

Yep Gaz is still there. Have taken LaPierre on for this year too.

Thats good to know, like I say its a shop thats always given me good service and advice. Seems like everyone wants a bit of the LaPierre action at the moment. Its definately the brand of the moment as I see it.

tops5
    Free Member

@ Twelve 50 – Neil Tab (wifes cousin) he was telling me to look out for your shop opening 😀

Marmoset
    Free Member

Really? I see there's also a new shop opened on the roundabout (near the Lexus garage) at Cheshire Oaks

I've heard that's gonna be a Cannondale store……

project
    Free Member

Theres also http://www.Tweekscycles.com just openend on the wrexham industrial estate, and they do mail order as well.

Twelve50
    Free Member

The ales thing is being looked into tomorrow!

For info, as far as I know 69Cycles might be the new Chester shop, and the one Cheshire oaks is owned by the guys who have Cycle House in Warrington (Also Birkenhead Cycles)
    A good time to be a cyclist in Cheshire with all the good shops now (Ours will naturally be the best 🙂

We hope to operate a professional service with a nice welcome atmosphere (And always up for a laugh!)

See you all soon hopefully! And we will be doing shop rides too for all interested!!

Matt

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Oo, this sounds good…

Somewhere to get my Heckler fettled.

Mint.

Ill be poping over for a brew and yarn soon no doubt…

ikimbunza
    Free Member

Everyone,

A while ago, there was discussion about having a 'hills north of Delamere' STW ride one evening. Would anyone be up for a ride leaving Matt's new shop on his opening night?

I live up the road from the shop and know the area well so happy to show a few people round.

Any takers?

Chris

steve_b77
    Free Member

I'd be up for it if it was a weekend affair as I live in London during the week but come home @ weekends.

Are you going to having a 'grand opening' event on the 1st?

OR is this one of the most elaborate April fools ever 😆 (only joking)

ikimbunza
    Free Member

Happy to do a weekend ride or an evening ride after work…

Seems like there are quite a few people local to Frodsham and thought it would be good to get together. I've either ridden on my lonesome or joined the Delamere monday night ride so it would be good to bring together a group of local riders in the Frodsham area.

Matt and Rick opening the shop seemed a good incentive to get something going…

Chris

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Looks like trips up to Cheshire Oaks just got a little more interesting . . .

Me: I'm sure you have to go through Frodsham to get to it bab . . .

She: Er . . . where the hell are we going?

Me: agh . . . . my bad, anyway someone around here will be able to put us right . . .
    . . . . ooh look a bike shop, day know that was ere bab, may as well pop in while we're here . .

She: Sigh!

stever
    Free Member

I think I'd prefer to keep the hills north of Delamere a little bit cheeky and discreet. There's no reason you shouldn't ride the odd bike along them, perhaps with a bit of company, but not keen on a mass ride.
    🙂

ikimbunza
    Free Member

Stever

Hmm, i think you might be right. I'd rather not incite the hatred of the Woodland Trust and readership of the Parish magazine 😆

Chris

stever
    Free Member

I actually own a bit of the Woodland Trust land. I bunged em enough cash when they had the appeal for a few square metres of land. The location tends to move about a bit and is slightly bigger than a bike length 😉

ikimbunza
    Free Member

Stever

You have my undying gratitude sir!

Personally, i'm really pleased that the Trust are putting time and effort into looking after the hill. I don't agree with everything they are doing with some trails being too sanitised even for walkers in my view, 😕 but anything that preserves what is a valuable green space for residents of Frodsham, Helsby etc is a good thing.

Chris

mccett
    Free Member

Think the lads plan on getting a regular ride out from the shop. Probably not on the opening night…. personally i plan on being a bit tiddly on the specially commissioned beer!

Built 12 bikes for the shop today, new Genesis Core and IO seem pretty cool, and the Cube Stereo is a great looking bike (considering i had never seen one til i built this one today).

cyclocrosser
    Free Member

Hi all.
    Just to clarify things.I dont think 69Cycles is comming to a town near you anytime soon.However Cheshire Oaks Cycles is.We're now open at the roundabout J10 M53 (Chesh Oaks) and stock Cannondale,Scott,Marin,Wilier,GT.Also WTP,Haro and Premium BMX.Fox and Endura clothing plus a big chunk of blingy stuff.Oh and a top notch workshop.Loads of opening offers so pop in on your way to Frodsham.
    Oh and cheers Rick you little monkey 😉

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘New bike shop in Frodsham, N.Cheshire’ is closed to new replies.