Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New bike search!
  • sherry
    Free Member

Not been on here in while. I am in the market for a new bike as my regular steed just got stolen yesterday. The problem lies in the size of the frame I will need. It will ideally be XXL or 23 inch. Last bike was a Cube stereo 29er 23 inch. Great fit for me and pretty much a custom build. Looking for an enduro style bike. Any ideas? Cheers.

Wookster

Geometron, another cube, I think Trek go up to xxl too?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

XL Giant Reign is pretty, erm, giant.

Budget?

superstu
    Free Member

Longer reach and bigger droppers may mean you could look at games without 23″ seat tube?

sherry
    Free Member

Budget will be down to the Mrs and what I can sell my 26 inch spesh enduro for. Maybe around 3k give or take. I don’t mind buying last year’s models. I had a look at cube again but they don’t do 29 enduro. Neither do Canyon. I will have a look at some of the suggestions! I tried a xl spesh 29er enduro and felt pretty good.

Wookster

Transition are also longer bikes.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

If you’re willing to look at 650b then the Aeris 145 XL is rather long.

sherry
    Free Member

Ideally my first choice would be a 29er. But I certainly would not rule out 27.5. I’m more than happy to hear some varied suggestions.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My tall mate just came back from 29 to 650 as he felt it was getting a bit cumbersome at that size so certainly some stuff to look at. Probably work out the reach etc. your looking for as with long droppers etc. standover shouldn’t be a restrictive dimension. I had a notepad with base dimensions on for different things I was looking at which showed the letters mean nothing these days!!

rOcKeTdOg

Cube stereo 160 22″ come up large

frogstomp

XXL Santa Cruz Hightower (LT)

batman11
    Free Member

If you look at the geometry/top tube sizing on cubes they tend to come up quit short by modern sizing so I bet if you look around you’ll see that by comparison most standard lrg/XL bikes will compare and more than likely be longer.
    I wouldn’t look to clos,y at seat tube sizing these day i.e. Your cube being 23inch in size but look more towards top tube and reach numbers as bikes are long and low now for nad clearance etc.

sherry
    Free Member

Yeah the style of bikes have changed a bit since I bought one. The low front ends aren’t ideal for a tall rider though. Long reach and wheel bases are great though. Some good suggestions to get me searching.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New bike search!’ is closed to new replies.