Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • New bike quandries
  • z1ppy

1) So I fancy a new bike, have the spare cash… really fancy ‘one’ model, so have been looking hard for one – can’t get a demo, hey ho. Been offered one 2nd hand at a great price…

2) M8 has a fantastic bike which he’s just not happy with (real hardtail fan, this is a full susser) and would part with for not a lot of cash, but though i like it, it’s not what I want (IE: bike 1)

3) Have a older bike, which is same make as Bike 1, been suggested I start a warrenty claim for a geninue fault, which (if, big big IF), they replaced ‘that’ frame is no longer available, so may be able to get bike 1 out of them…

FFS I haven’t had the chance of new bike in 2 years, now I have so much going on it’s complete madness.. and I need to make a decision now.

Oh and g/f won’t live with me expanding my bike collection by more than 1, even that is contensious..

I don’t expect anyone to give me an answer, I don’t expect sympathy, I’m just annoyed! Why is nothing straight forward!

matt_outandabout

Summary anyone?

DustyLilac
    Free Member

Option one is a Prophet IIRC? If so, buy one – they are very, very good.

z1ppy

yeah I know…. but if I could get one for free (option 3) why buy one… option 2 is SC superlight…

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Got to be 3, spend the spare cash on a holiday.

tinsy
    Free Member

If its a Prophet maybe you should ask the bike?

DustyLilac
    Free Member

Which Cannondale is option 3?

Not sure I’d want to do what I do on a Prophet on a SC Superlight, Blur 4X maybe..

z1ppy

option 3 is a gemini.
    No I want to ‘expand’ my riding (the gemini just frightened me) but the Superlight is a lovely bike.

chakaping
    Free Member

Get the first one secondhand if price is so good, sell it if you don’t like it.

matt_outandabout

Buy the one thats the nicest colour

johni
    Free Member

Grow some and get all of them. My wife mentioned the number of bikes I have. I promised to keep it below the number of unneccessary pairs of shoes she has. :o)

z1ppy

yeah I think it’s coming to that DL, at worst I can flog it if I get a ‘free’ one, but the Superlight is just really lovely…

Matt – I’d love too but the ‘nicest’ one is a frame only offer, that is half the price of a band new complete bike!

z1ppy

“grow some”… I live in her house in great mtb country (I used to have a flat in the centre of brum), fill her garage with my bikes… no, I’m happy with the situation as it is thanks.

DustyLilac
    Free Member

option 3 is a gemini.

I’d guess you’d be offered a Moto or a Perp as these have replaced the Gemini. The Prophet would let you ‘expand’ your riding, anything from all-day epics to grr-gnar jumpy freeride sort of mini-DH type stuff.

lunge

z1ppy, has Paul @ Race Co been talking to you again?!?!

z1ppy

no, I think he has the hump with me… hasn’t called me back about a part I want.
    I think he’s actually moving away from C’dale, seem a couple of local dealers haven’t been happy with their backup support (fingers crossed about the gemini)

nukeproof
    Free Member

option 2 is SC superlight…

I bought a Superlight late last Summer. Sold it to buy a Prophet. 🙂

crikey
    Free Member

Offer to marry her, then buy at least two new bikes in the time it takes her to realise that you perhaps didn’t mean it.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘New bike quandries’ is closed to new replies.