Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • new bike + positive classifieds experience + upsetting the establishment :D
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

Today’s been one of those awesome days 🙂 i shall explain further…

I woke up at 5:45 in the middle of a dream where i had snuck back into my old school, only to be noticed by a teacher who asked me to look after her class and teach them some poetry.. cue mind-block and i couldnt decide whether to teach them alliteration, similes, rhymes or how to write lyrics… it was such a hard decision i woke myself up and spent another half an hour thinking about lymerics without swearwords in them.

A bit of lying around in bed listening to mrs consequence’s sleepy breathing and i was bored… 1 bowl of golden syrup oatsosimple and a big mug of coffee (quick check of STW) and then off down the m3 and a303 past stonehenge on a crisp misty morning to meet with therman merman.

Welcomed into his house and offered a cup of coffee (proper coffee, filtered and everything 😯 ), chatted about the local trails and then into the garden to have a butchers at what is now my new favourite thing 😀

Built up from spare parts, leaky front fork, 1X9 goodness! took it for a quick ride and it felt delicious… 150quid handed over and i’m on my way back home 🙂 but alas, whats this? a text from mrs consequence saying she’s bought a small shed for the garden so we can move the junk out the larger one and make space for my new dandyhorse 😀

Whilst moving shed stuff around i find an old battered rear mudguard which is cable-tied on the dandyhorse (badly of course) and to complete the “hack bike” look i chop up a 2ltr drinks bottle to make a front mudguard complete with cable-ties (without the ends trimmed) and badly placed gaffatape 😀 quick trip to the shops and i even bought a big old rucksack to wear when riding it 😆

Just got to add a front and rear reflector (sitting in a parts box waiting patiently) and then its completely road legal so TJ cant beat me up… even put the flats that came with my carrera on it so the pedals have the reflectors and everyfink.

Life is good, my new dandyhorse makes me feel good and tomorrow means its riding time 😀

Bikes rock, new garden storage rocks, making your own crudcatcher with a 19p bottle of tesco value water rocks and mrs consequence rocks 😀

Hope you guys had a good one too!

cinnamon_girl

What a lovely thread! It is good to hear of a positive experience, unfortunately we normally only get to hear of the negative ones.

Enjoy your dandyhorse – ragging around Swinley tomorrow then?

philconsequence
    Free Member

fingers crossed! just hope mrsconsequence can get through the wall on the ride to the lookout without wanting to go home again. its been 2 weeks since she last rode and i’m preparing myself for moaning

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    leffeboy

Secret shed buying = class 🙂

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Yin & Yang, I’ve spent my saturday moving a shed to allow Curry’s home delivery access with our new fridge freezer tomorrow. Absolute bastard job on my own. If these delivery guys can’t get through now then I’m taking a sledge hammer to them & their wagon.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

LOL! Pleased to have played a small part in your happy day! Still can’t find that L-hand matching shifter… but I DID find another pair of new pads for those Hayses. They’re no good to me – send my your addy and I’ll pop’em in the post.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Tesco Value water

Do you not have taps in your area?

philconsequence
    Free Member

taps?! do you think i’m made of money? for less than 5p a bottle i can fill the bath for cheaper than a whole tap! 🙄 what do you think i’m made of… taps or something?!

(i always keep a 2 ltr bottle of water in the boot of my car for emergencies… it was the only 2ltr bottle i could find at the time)

will email you TM 🙂 cheers buddy!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘new bike + positive classifieds experience + upsetting the establishment :D’ is closed to new replies.