Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • New bike pics: 'Duck Egg' Soul
  • neat_peat
    Free Member

I know a few of you like your Soul’s so thought I would share, after lots of mouse hovering over the ‘orange’ colour option I clicked on ‘duck egg’, and I think it really works with the red highlights.

Comes in at just over 26lbs and handles like it’s on rails!!

Oh, and I know the wall needs repointing 😉

DSCF2676 by Neat Peat, on Flickr

DSCF2679 by Neat Peat, on Flickr

DSCF2678 by Neat Peat, on Flickr

DSCF2680 by Neat Peat, on Flickr

sadexpunk

got to admit i dont like the red bits, but its definitely a lovely bike.

id love one meself 🙂

Kato

Nice colour. Not sure about the red though

mattbibbings
    Free Member

Needs a red hope headset quick smart. Collar and cuffs Peat, collar and cuffs.

Apart from that, it just looks very very right! I do like cotics.

dibboid
    Free Member

If there’s one thing I’ve picked up from bring on here is the correct headset logo alignment and the tyre/valve alignment is correct so all looks right which explains the “on rails” experience so you won’t die! 😛 nice colour btw! I’ll be looking for another ht to replace my commuting db mtb next year I should stop looking now…. So pretty!

chives
    Free Member

‘Hoses..’ (in the style of Len Goodman, shouting ‘seven..’) Oh, and the red’s not doing it for me, but liking the duck egg. I just might have to get a current model frame for the dropper post option, unless Thomson come up with the goods at 27.2mm this summer.

matther01
    Free Member

Very nice (although admit red bits don’t do it for me… but each to their own).

How did you run full length cables? Did you drill out the guides?

I’ve been on a couple rides on my orange one with a similar set up and was instantly impressed…totally inspires confidence and comfort levels were great.

sheck

I know someone who’s gong to have to buy one of those, as they don’t have a Cotic in that colour yet!

yossarian
    Free Member

Not into the red bits but yes the soul is a humdinger isn’t it? Some things just look completely right and work completely right. Nice frame colour too.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Beautiful bike and your wall looks great as well. I see a few greater periwinkle flowers there – lovely!

matther01
    Free Member

And some carnations! And when did you get that good weather?!

Are they 120/140 talas?

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Just had a really good look at your pics; That is the best God-dam looking bike I’ve ever laid eyes on (despite the red bits!)

shifter
    Free Member

Some pointing needs doing…

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

What travel forks you got on there ?

neat_peat
    Free Member

Thanks guys, red bits are staying for the time being, but I’ve got black ones to go on when I fancy, maybe the winter…. I think the sun shining on Sunday was enough to make me think it works!

Yeah, Talas forks so best of both worlds!

Oh and I need to shorten the hoses at some point, but I’m having too much fun riding it at the moment!

I’m not running full outer cables which is a shame, but I couldn’t bring myself to take a drill to my brand new frame!

neat_peat
    Free Member

2011 110-140mm talas

matther01
    Free Member

Let me know how you get on with talas as my one is currently fixed 120 but have 110/140 talas that I may try out.

yossarian
    Free Member

My personal fave travel on the soul was 115mm. I had a talas fork with 3mm increments which was annoying to adjust but fan bloody tastic when you got it right.

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

I have my soul fixed at 120mm and wondered what 140mm would be like , nice bike though

bruneep

Got enough seatpost showing there?

neat_peat
    Free Member

Yeah, the seat tube comes up quite short so a lot of post is needed, but you benefit from loads of standover clearance.

Definitely get the Talas forks on there, it is noticeable different ride with 140mm travel – for the better on fast descents too.

waller
    Free Member

I really like the red bits. I’m running my talas at 110 which seems spot on for what I do. Think a red headset would finish it off 🙂

Found at 140 the front end is a bit floaty and a nightmare on the steep ups.

mactheknife

I….want….one…….now.

Beautiful bike.

rob2
    Free Member

What size nobby nics are those, they look huge!

1981miked
    Free Member

That is one nice looking bike, I like the red bits on it.

Good job.

neat_peat
    Free Member

2.25in, pretty big, and still loads of tyre clearance!

kudos100
    Free Member

Don’t listen to these colour blind fools, it looks great. IMO it needs a red headset and black grips to finish it off. The red grips are just a tad too much.

Edit:

Needs a red hope headset quick smart. Collar and cuffs Peat, collar and cuffs.

Someone else has taste in this thread. Good man.

Edit no 2: Also, please remove the yellow sticker on the forks, it is offending me.

Wookster

Lush mate!! Red head set and black grips is a good shout. But it’s really really nice!

chiefgrooveguru

Nice! This one’s been my Soul (sic) MTB for just over two years and getting on for a thousand hours of fun (pictured before some runs down my local mini-DH tracks on Sunday’s sunny morning):

andyl
    Free Member

no chance of getting the bottom part of the hope headset in red 🙁

Looks great. You are going to have a good summer on that.

Clink

Lovely build – but it looks like you need next frame size?

ahsat

Looks good neat_peat. Also got mine kind of finished this week. Frame was from my new husband on our wedding day and a few bits have come of the blinged up rockhopper. However, the new 15mm axle forks means I need to sort a set of wheels out (once we have recovered a bit from the wedding costs) so they are a bit miss matching at the moment.

Cotic Soul by ahsatb, on Flickr
    Sorry for the shoody phone pic.

First ride on it last night, and first ride on steel and it was really nice. Have to get used to riding a hardtail again (normally ride my Nicolai Helius CC) and the seat post seems to be slipping but otherwise all good.

ononeorange

What size is yours, ahsat? Just curious.

(I am currently building one for my Mrs is in this colour in xs. It was supposed to be a surprise but I wilted under interrogation).

PS Congrats by the way.

shifter
    Free Member

Man alive – that’s some seatpost!

ahsat

Its a small. I’m 5’9″, but dont have the world’s longest body (typical woman dimensions) but a 32-33″ inside leg. The top tube length on the small soul was the same as on my rockhopper, and have to say after riding it last night I am glad I didnt get the medium as I want it to be small and chuckable(ish). I know it has a good bit of seat post, but it is still a reasonable way off the max mark.

And cheers 😀

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘New bike pics: 'Duck Egg' Soul’ is closed to new replies.