Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New bike! (pics) (Chinese) (road)
  • Mowgli
    Free Member

After a lot of contemplation and reading huge threads on mtbr I settled on an LTK115-D from Longteng. Pretty straightforward ordering, delivery about 2 weeks from order to arrival. £42 VAT paid, about £350 all in – with a headset, spare seatpost + mech hanger.

Not had a carbon bike before. Internal cables were a bit of a faff, as was getting the gears lined up properly for some reason. Need a new stem and then I’ll cut the steerer down further.

Only ridden up and down the street, but it feels pretty stiff! Weighs in about 8.5kg which isn’t bad considering the dyno hub at the front, Hope xc at the back and Spyre brakes!

BristolPablo
    Free Member

I’m not a fan of the glossy finish but the frame is very nice! I can recommend the Chinese carbon clinchers from 2011cycling2011 off of the ebay…

bikebouy
    Free Member

That stem angle makes me sick 😆

mrblobby
    Free Member

Need a new stem and then I’ll cut the steerer down further.

Do it, do it now! And sort out the bar tape while you’re at it. Otherwise quite nice.

Why is your quick release on the wrong side on the front? Gets in the way of the brake? Or is it something to do with the dynamo?

Not sure about that red cable either.

And what’s with the eggbeaters on a road bike?

marmaduke
    Free Member

Nice gloss, what is this 2008?? It looks alright, not a big fan of all the coloured parts of the bike being the same colour, bit boring.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Very nice indeed. I have hammered my Chinese carbon and it’s been faultless.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Apart from the bar tape and stem.. That’s a nice bike

Mowgli
    Free Member

Why is your quick release on the wrong side on the front? Gets in the way of the brake? Or is it something to do with the dynamo?

And what’s with the eggbeaters on a road bike?

Because I’ve always had it that side. Is that wrong? 🙄

I only have one pair of shoes, and I’m not putting road cleats on the mtbs!

Got the gloss/3k because I heard the matt finish picks up greasy marks easier. Might get some vinyl stripes or something for it.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Because I’ve always had it that side. Is that wrong?

I guess it doesn’t really matter, just odd to see the front lever on the opposite side to the rear QR lever.

timbur
    Free Member

Trim the brake cables down a bit as well :O)
    [edit – oh, you’re planning on)
    Is it skidtastic with slicks and TRP brakes?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

You’ll notice maxles and the like are fitted that side these days, the idea is to keep fingers away from hot discs. Traditionally as mentioned levers were normally on the other side, for what reason I don’t know.

I’ll be looking forward to seeing new pics with the new stem, can I recommend the kalloy uno’s on ebay, very light and cheap and with a wipe of acetone you can remove the graphics and keep your stealthly look. Also Fizik make a wonderful shiny bar tape, very grippy even though it doens;t look it and it’ll go nicely with the gloss finish.

Mowgli
    Free Member

I happen to like the bar tape 🙁

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New bike! (pics) (Chinese) (road)’ is closed to new replies.