Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • New Bike Pics Alert.
  • stumpy01

A distinct lack of niche, but I'm well pleased with it.

Picked it up 2 weekends ago after test riding the Expert before Christmas:

Not really had the chance to take it over anything too challenging, but it's seems much faster than my old bike over my usual trails. Seems to be much more grip for steering than the old bike.
    I think it was ClarkePM….on here that said the paint looks much better in the flesh than the website photo's and he's right. I was pleasantly suprised when I picked it up.

Oh yeah – hangs head in shame at state of the garden and I still need to remove the reflectors from the wheels & the plastic thing behind the cassette……

Wookster

Hello mate I like it looks fast I think the paint looks nice in the pics good buy a reckon!! Big fan of Spesh bikes wish I'd held on to my stumpy FSr really.
    …….best pic up the garden chair eh…… 😉

bobbyspangles

nice! ride hard sir

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    organic355
    Free Member

Does your cat live in the shed?

megastream
    Free Member

Fancy posting up a pic of odd coloured fence panels…. 😆

Nice looking bike you got there 8)

shortbaldone
    Free Member

nice bike, and stronger than it looks, take care removing it as the shed may fall on top of you

stumpy01

Cheers Wookster – yeah I tested the Trek Fuel EX9 as well, but didn't get on with it at all. I was hoping to really like it as I wouldn't have minded a change.
    But, I'm happy. Shame to take the bits of the old Stumpy & put on a hardtail, but I really don't see me using it now.
    Garden chair was picked up this morning!

bobbyspangles – cheers! I'll try. Probably just fall off loads though, like normal!

organic355 – when we're away at weekends and stuff or if we leave her out overnight & it's a bit parky, then she sleeps in the shed. She's got a bed in there with an massive old towel squidged into it.

megastream – the fence panels probably do need some attention!

shortbaldone – that shed is the hub of my bike based activities & as such is sturdier than it looks. It's turbo trainer central when the weather's looking cak or I wanna do some intervals.
    Believe it or not, I even got up on the roof a couple of years ago to replace the felt! It's well 'ard!!

mrben100
    Free Member

Sorry, looks terrible……………but I'll do you a favour and take it off your hands if you like, honestly no trouble at all. 😉

(walks away green with envy!)

stompy

Fence panals need treating…… Nice ride though. what size is it??

mrben100
    Free Member

I reckon it looks like a 9'x9' feather-edge? 🙄

backhander
    Free Member

Handsome bike, enjoy!

mboy
    Free Member

Red "MotoGPBike" Rim Stripe Niche-tastic that mate!

No niches indeed… 😉

stumpy01

stompy – it's a medium. I'm 5'6" & it seems just right – saddle set at mid-point on the rails.

Seatpost scratched already as there was a burr on the inside of the seat tube around an internal hole. Will see if he shop'll replace it via the distributor when it goes for it's 6 week tinker.

That red-rim strip is standard on those wheels…..but perhaps they do add a smidge of niche! Nicely co-ordinated with spoke nipples, headset, red bits on the forks etc….

Yeah fence panels will be done at earliest opportunity!

steve_b77
    Free Member

Looks superb, I think my mate is heading towards one of these instead of a Zesty 314

stumpy01

I considered the Zesty 314, but couldn't get a demo within about 200 miles of here & a friend had some bother with Mavic Crossride wheels in the past that rightly or wrongly put me off.

It rides so much better than my old bike. I never used to be able to get 'off the back' of my old Stumjumper down steep technical stuff, unless I really dropped the saddle stupidly low. I often ended up going over the bars.
    With this, I can get off the back of the bike with the saddle pretty much in it's muchos efficient XC height…..! It corners loads better than the old one; I think more of my weight is on the front wheel improving grip and the suspension is much better than the old one – hardly suprising though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘New Bike Pics Alert.’ is closed to new replies.