Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • New bike pic (plenty to mock, no doubt)
  • Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Lovely bikes and yours looks particularly 'stealth.' Very nice indeed!
    I took the opportunity to demo one at Laggan last weekend. Beautifully finished bike however as with the '5 spot' I came away somewhat underwhelmed. That's not to say I wasn't impressed, just not as impressed as I hoped I would be perhaps. If it was down to looks alone I'd have taken it home there and then!
    Looks like I'll be keeping the Golden Willow for another year 🙂 but in a way 🙁 I want new shiny-shiny!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

looks good

ChrisL

How stiff are the Ibis frames?

I have not noticed the flex, but I'm not sure how much I notice the flexiness of full sus frames. I didn't notice flex in the 5 it replaced or the Blur LT I demoed at the same time as I tried the Mojo SL. I was aware of the springy flex of the Cotic Soul back when I had one – or at least it was suddenly very obvious by its absence when I changed the Soul for a Pace RC303.

Have to agree with Soup above, best looking bike on here for yonks, a stunner.

Aww, shucks. Thanks for all the compliments. 🙂 My bikes usually get marked down for too much seatpost, poor proportions and all the rest and I know that Mojos are divisive so it's nice to hear so many positive things!

Deserves a sleeker looking saddle imho.

That was the least uncomfortable saddle I had to hand when I built the bike. I fitted a Charge Knife this afternoon, I'll see how I find that. If something else doesn't take my fancy it'll probably end up with a Bel Air on it.

Didn't he own one of those horrible Pace hardtails at one point?

Indeed I did, until the frame snapped at the seat tube brace weld.

I took the opportunity to demo one at Laggan last weekend. Beautifully finished bike however as with the '5 spot' I came away somewhat underwhelmed. That's not to say I wasn't impressed, just not as impressed as I hoped I would be perhaps.

I demoed a Mojo a bit over 2 years ago and came away thinking that it was a very good bike, but not one that really interested me. So when I demoed the SL this March I was surprised by how much I liked it. I was demoing bikes because I knew my tastes had changed a bit since I got the 5 but I was surprised by how much I immediately clicked with the Mojo.

shredder
    Free Member

Very nice welcome 😀

saleem
    Free Member

I like it, nicest looking on the market.

Of course you like it shredder, you've the GOD like white version

shredder
    Free Member

Which looks great with your x Eastons on saleem cheers 😆

Potter
    Free Member

stunning frame not how i would build mine up but each to their own
    hope you enjoy it mate
    demo`d one about two years back(not the sl obviously)and i absolutely loved it
    if i ever buy another full susser touch wood it will be one of these but in the apple green 😯 :mrgreen:

chameleon78
    Free Member

i like the pesto green Mojo – someone on here used to show it off all the time, can't remember his name but it looked a beaut.

So is an Ibis not up to drops and jumps like a Blur? kinda thought they were pretty much the same kettle of fish.

saleem
    Free Member

The green one was nice,I remember it catching my eye, it's the only frame that would make me change from HT, lets see the white one then shredder

ojom
    Free Member

So is an Ibis not up to drops and jumps like a Blur? kinda thought they were pretty much the same kettle of fish.

They are more than capable. See –

oh and Lopes seems to make his move around ok as well.

Kit
    Free Member

Nice bike Chris, and for once doesn't look a complete gate – the benefit of a carbon frame I suppose, if you can keep it all in proportion.

I see you still have the Thors. I never got on with mine…

shredder
    Free Member

The greeen one was Daffy's I think.

Has 2010 Revs on now and different bars

chameleon78
    Free Member

yep green one was daffys. liking the white one. does mojo come in white or just the SL

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

nice,enjoy

ChrisL

Nice bike Chris, and for once doesn't look a complete gate – the benefit of a carbon frame I suppose, if you can keep it all in proportion.

I see you still have the Thors. I never got on with mine…

Funnily enough, Northwind also said that it was the least clown-bike XL frame he'd seen. Some people were telling me to get a Tall Boy but I didn't want to have to buy a new fork and wheels in addition to a new frame that's even more expensive than the Mojo…

The Thors needed a new Maxle and also needed to get their top-out clunk sorted out back at Magura but they have generally been alright since then. They're a bit divey but not as much as the Fox Floats they replaced – and unlike the Floats they get full travel too. I liked them enough to get a second set for my Chameleon but I have wondered about replacing them at some point. I think that's mainly due to an addiction to new and shiny things rather than having any proper reason to replace them!

What forks do you have on your Hustler now, Kit?

The pictures of coloured Mojos look very nice. If there hadn't been other considerations I'd have probably gone for a green one or an orange one but I'm sure I'll get used to having a bike that others may describe as "stealthy" – at least until they hear its freehub!

Kit
    Free Member

What forks do you have on your Hustler now, Kit?

TBH, never really enjoyed the Hustler as much as I really wanted to, and then I decided to go back to uni so I sold it to help fund myself. Not missing it, but would like a full sus again 🙂

ChrisL

Not missing it, but would like a full sus again

Fancy an Orange 5 frame? 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘New bike pic (plenty to mock, no doubt)’ is closed to new replies.