Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • New bike – On One Summer Season
  • Hadge
    Free Member

Here’s my new On One Summer Season. Can’t even ride the thing yet due to a bloody trapped nerve in my neck – how painful!! If it goes as well as it looks I should have some fun. Haven’t fully set up controls as I can’t even get on it and set anything up – grrr. Soz about garden content, would have preferred take pics out and about but can’t 🙁

shinsplints

Looks fun 8)

ianpinder
    Free Member

looks nice 🙂

convert

Looks good. How tall are you & is that saddle roughly at pedalling hight or lower? I ask as my 456 seems to be the only one I ever see where the bars are significantly below the saddle and thats with 25mm of stack height (5’11” on an 18inch – 33inch inseam so long legs I guess)

Hadge
    Free Member

Cheers for comments. It’s a 16″ frame and the saddle height isn’t set, I just put it there for the moment. I’m 5ft 9″ at a stretch lol

Chase
    Free Member

Nice. If yours is only half as much fun as mine you are still going to have a great time on it.

jonnrs
    Free Member

That is very nice, but it makes me want to build another HT 👿

willej

Looking good. I’m thinking of getting one of those (a 16″) to replace my 18″ ‘original’ 456. Love the raw finish.
    Hope you nerve sorts itself out soon. I can empathise having had that kind of trouble in my back, not nice.

the_lecht_rocks

hadge – good work fella.
    any pics from the front looking toward the rear and vice versa, etc. more pics will be great in fact 🙂

DaddyPig
    Free Member

Great looking bike and good selection of potted perenials to boot!!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

What length / rise stem is that, running a vice on my 456.

Hadge
    Free Member

It’s an 85mm by 6 degree rise. Going see how it goes as I might go shorter later

robhughes
    Free Member

are they avids with hope rotors

Hadge
    Free Member

Yes Rob they are. I ran them on my Yeti and my Intense. Work perfectly

Hadge
    Free Member

And the Merlin

nukeproof
    Free Member

Looks fun…nice!

Departure from your usual boutique frames iirc? 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Damn it that looks great. I’m gonna do some overtime and bloody well going to buy one myself.

Hadge
    Free Member

Yeah it is nukeproof – I can crash this and don’t have to worry 😀

zaskar
    Free Member

Nice bike.

nukeproof
    Free Member

I can crash this and don’t have to worry

It is a good feeling…plus I like the weird thought the forks are worth 3 to 4 times the value of the frame at RRP 😀

Hadge
    Free Member

Nobody wanted buy the forks when I split the Yeti so I’ve had to put them on it! I wasn’t going to give them away and it’s pointless leaving then not being used

nukeproof
    Free Member

Not a dig Hadge…I’d have done the same! Just got a PA myself and the forks are definitely worth more.

VassagoJay
    Free Member

I dont know what it is but it just looks ‘Right’, ,great looking bike

swoosh
    Free Member

is it just me or is the head angle very very slack? have you calculated it yet?

riggsy
    Free Member

looking good..

I’ll be building up my 456 early next week when the trst of the bits arrive and I cant wait

Hairychested
    Free Member

I’ll be fitting my new-for-me Talas onto a 456SE next week, thanks for inspiration 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

Wow that’s super slack! Looks fun.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Yeah it’s super slack 66 deg isn’t it. That’s the point – a HT to throw down ludicrous trails

want one

Hadge
    Free Member

That’s the reason why I bought it – the very slack head angle. I’ve always felt more confident with a slacker head angle, the forks just seem to point in the right direction so to speak and it’s far easier to control IMO. I will try and measure it and I will weigh it too, although I aren’t bothered about that but I reckon it’s about 27lb all up. Really can’t wait ride it either – bloody bad neck grrr 😥

BigDummy
    Free Member

That’s the first Summer Season I’ve seen on here that I’ve really liked the looks of. Cracking stuff. Hope the neck improves soon!

alpin
    Free Member

looks very ‘intent’. as though its ‘fit-for-purpose’.

i’d really like one and did consider it over the DB Alpine. i wonder how much a Sanderson Breath (small) would fetch? but then do i really want to get rid of that – no. i just want another frame.

nioce bike.

jam-bo

might be some lens distortion but that looks slacker than my DH bike.

bet it wanders a bit uphill….

alpin
    Free Member

oh, and what length are the forks?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

BigDummy – Member

That’s the first Summer Season I’ve seen on here that I’ve really liked the looks of.

How dare you, you cheeky Bstard. 😉

Hadge
    Free Member

The forks are 140mm Floats. I will find out how bad/good it is climbing when I ride it but I will put up with any woandering if it helps on the downy bits 🙂

the_lecht_rocks

hadge – my ti456 climbs awesome on van 32 RLC’s @ 140mm.
    it has however a particularly short HT @ 105mm.
    what’s the HT length on the Season ?

Hadge
    Free Member

The HT is amazingly short at 90mm!

SeanOrange
    Free Member

Hadge, what size frame is it? I’m about the same height as you and the 456 SS looks remarkably like my DMR (which I love) size wise. The DMR has rather narrow stays though so is gradually wearing away in muddy conditions. Would love a similar bike that will take fatter tyres for not too much moolah! 😉

** Edit: Sorry just saw that you posted 16″ frame** …Doh!!

bigrich

I think I sort of get it, but it looks a bit too fancy for a hoon bike.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘New bike – On One Summer Season’ is closed to new replies.