Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • new bike (niche brand, long travel steel hardtail content)
  • 5lab

just finished building up my new bike

its a (brand new) 2009 ns bikes surge, built up with parts from a (also brand new) carrara banshee xxx I got on C2W – so 55s, x9 rear mech, x7 shifter, elexir carbon brakes, truvativ build kit. also dropped an e.13 on to keep everything together. Just gotta wait for my hand to not be broken so I can go ride 🙁

(awaits constructive gardenning comments)

Chisel
    Free Member

Looking mean, moody and purposeful liking it a lot. Can't beat a good hardtail!!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Nice garden (and bike)

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

That looks a giggle. Enjoy.

5lab

cheers guys. Saddle goes up as it'll probably also be my xc bike. only dissapointment is the forks don't lock down so I can't steepen it for climbs. oh well

U31
    Free Member

Oooooh that's sexy!

RealMan
    Free Member

Have you flicked the downtube yet?

nodrog2
    Free Member

A mate has the the same frame although it's black built up with similar kit. It's a riot of a bike.

Nice bike.

clubber
    Free Member

dammit, I can't find anything beyond the bike worth commenting on. Seriously, you could have left something 🙄

hora
    Free Member

Not too sure about the decking. I could see myself stumbling and falling down them pissed.

5lab

the hedge is a little untidy?

yeah it makes a nice noise. Trouble is, it also makes a lot of noise when you're installing the headset (using the big hammer method) at 11pm. oops 😀

decking steps are pretty easy to fall down, but fortunately short enough that you normally land on the nice soft grass

more pics here http://www.flickr.com/photos/5lab/sets/72157624577380018/

lcj

That sycamore sapling needs to come out.

And someone left a nice bike on your decking – that's a trip hazard.

RealMan
    Free Member

Its a different colour 😯

5lab

nah its just got blinging sparkly paint that looks different as the light hits it..

mysterymove
    Free Member

I've just finished an NS Traffic build, samller with 10mm vanilla's on the front! I'll try and get a picture later. 1st ride in approx. 103 minutes ;o) can't wait…

walleater

This is STW….there should be a million spacers under the stem and a layback post 10ft in the air!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘new bike (niche brand, long travel steel hardtail content)’ is closed to new replies.