Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • New Bike – Marin Four Corners Elite
  • Xylene
    Free Member

Ordered this a week or so ago, arrived today. Built it up for a quick test ride, then packed up to be taken away on the plane.

hydros are a bit soft, so will stop by Edinburgh Cycles where I got it from in Newcastle to get the breaks bled before heading onto the plane.

Feels very light for a steel frame, internal routing, 1×11 with hydro, tubeless . Felt like a bargain in the sales.

Marin Four Corners Elite

andyg1966

Whats with the DIY internal cable routing or have I missed something?

Looks a bit Heath Robinson!

matt_outandabout

I quite like that – industrial with added Jaffa.
    Looks very high front end.

plus-one

I love the nod to the old zolatone Marins 😀

But god it looks very odd(geometry)

cheers_drive

At first I thought you must be v tall to need a front end that high but looking at the saddle height I see it’s probably more like very inflexible. Liking the 90s paint job

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I like the front reflector angle for side visibility.

Xylene
    Free Member

Haven;t messed with spacers yet, may not, one of the reasons for it was to get less of a saddle to bar drop, and see, hopefully if that sorts out my lower back issues.

the 2017 has rasta colours, but with 700 of the 2016 model it was hard to say no,

plus-one

I love the unpainted/Natural finish on internal routing welding 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Sweet baby Jesus that’s no looker is it?
    Ooooof. 😯

🙂

EDIT.
    I hope you got that cheap. £1700 rrp is a bit salty. Makes my Sequoia look a bargain……

Superficial
    Free Member

The orange bits really do accentuate that (already huge) headtube/ spacer arrangement.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Sorry that was a bit harsh. I guess it looks better in the flesh, I opened the thread because I like bikes like this and I like the new stuff from Marin. 🙂

Xylene
    Free Member

It’s now been out on half a dozen rides, today’s the most adventurous, off up the hardpacked clay farm tracks into the mountains.

What was a planned 1 hour quick ride before back to read for uni work, turned into 3 1/2 hours around some nice trails.

1×11 is interesting, there is time I could do with a lower gear, and I do find it odd that my top end now is about 45km/h, which is not a bad thing, I think blatting down a hill here at 60km/h is a bit daft with the local drivers.

Hydros on drops – not keen overall yet, they are a bit soft for me, got softer still when I adjusted the reach, may need a bleed, but shop told me they won’t feel quite like mountain bike hydros.

Scwalbe G-Ones in tubeless are great tires, very impressed.

Just have to fight the urge to buy new trinkets for it. I really don’t need that dynamo hub, but I want it.

More importantly for me is that I don’t feel like I ahve been in battered around like I did on my CX bike, I could manage 40km on that, but always felt it after the ride, on the Marin I get off only with a sore backside, and that is about it.

rOcKeTdOg

Is the weather different at the top of that steerer tube to the one at ground level?

uphillcursing
    Free Member

My drop bar hydros feel no different than those on MTBs. Lever might be in a different place and the rotors may be smaller. But they feel the same. One finger braking from the hoods is no issue. They are not spongey and I suspect neither should yours.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘New Bike – Marin Four Corners Elite’ is closed to new replies.