Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • New bike ideas- low and slack?
  • hora
    Free Member

Lightish, low BB etc – any ideas? I’m looking for a Mega but can’t find one at the moment.

No I can’t afford a Bottle rocket!

patriotpro
    Free Member

El Guapo

RoterStern
    Free Member

I am seriously looking at the El Guapo too. On One are selling a complete bike for 300 more than the Rocket frame!

butterbean
    Free Member

Rocket, Stumpjumper Evo, Meta AM, Mega etc.

hora
    Free Member

My Enduro was ugly but boy the El Gopo is aesthetically challenging

wl
    Free Member

Alpine 160, or a Five AM?

Aristotle
    Free Member

hora – Member

Lightish, low BB etc – any ideas? I’m looking for a Mega but can’t find one at the moment.

No I can’t afford a Bottle rocket!

I’ve not seen you for a couple of years, but can you ride yet?

Good to hear that you are still keeping the biking economy ticking over though!

Stevelol
    Free Member

Stumpy Evo, Transition Bandit, Blur TRc, Yeti ASR5

slowrider
    Free Member

Bottle rocket is neither low or slack, it’s just bang in the middle. That’s what makes it so awesome

smiff
    Free Member

haha yes EG. either low (13.1?) or really low (12.6?) for an XC/AM bike, see
    http://forums.mtbr.com/titus/why-bottom-bracket-height-my-new-eg-v-3-so-low-813147.html
    imho a beauty but each to his own.

cynic-al
    Free Member

hora I think you are wanted on the Armstrong thread.

matt007
    Free Member

Just received my ‘dodgy import’ Stumpy Evo frame (2012 North America alloy frame only version) with a pair of 36 floats, after waiting for it to come off the slow boat from Canada.

Been out twice on it and absolutley love it! Defo fits the bill of low and slack, and also doesnt feel heavy but havent weighted it yet.

hora
    Free Member

Where and how Matt007??

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I don’t know what you classify as low but the 2013 Nicolai Helius AC is IIRC 66.5 deg with a Fox 160/34. Guess that would be about 67 deg and an inch lower with a 150/32

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Lance Armstrong has some spare bikes going cheap.

smiff
    Free Member

an inch lower with a 150/32

i don’t think so.. check my reasoning in thread above. even the front won’t be 1″ lower surely?

i keep posting this only because i want someone to check i’m not going mad with this.

soobalias
    Free Member

i dont know the a-c of either fork, but at first glance a 10mm reduction in travel isnt gonna translate to a 25mm BB drop, but it could do….

smiff
    Free Member

i don’t think it’s possible, you’d have to make the fork around 50-75mm (2-3″) shorter! no?
    so you can only make small changes to bb height: fork, changing tyres, offset shock bushes, lower headset, etc. 5-10mm tops. besides, you’d ruin geometry anyway.

aaaannyway.. £700 is about what a good FS frame should cost imho 🙂 lots of choice around this price, or was when i looked in the summer.. Megas have all gone? or anything 2nd hand.

matt007
    Free Member

Hora – Found it on the PB classifieds, barely used 2012, struck a deal with the seller on the frame along with some 36 floats.

I got stung for import duty (on the declared value…. anyways) so didnt end up being cheap at all, but now ive got it im happy, unlikely to see any / many others on the uk trails either.

Its a real shame Spesh uk didnt offer the same frameset in the UK, the Evo Expert carbons sold out pretty quick by all accounts.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Have you tried a Banshee yet? I reckon the 2013 Spitfire (with bearings) is what you’re after. I have the bushing’d one, it’s great but I can’t recommend it as it destroys axles every couple of hundred miles.

patriotpro
    Free Member

hora – Member
    My Enduro was ugly but boy the El Gopo is aesthetically challenging

Are aesthetics priority?

slowrider
    Free Member

Are aesthetics priority?

Have you seen Hora?

smiff
    Free Member

’tis not El Gopo, it’s El Gyppo. because it’s cheap.
    and it’s luvverly and curvy and shiny (raw) and .. i’ ll stop myself now.

hora
    Free Member

Have you seen Hora?

I’m like sexual euthanasia 😐

patriotpro
    Free Member

slowrider – Member

Are aesthetics priority?

Have you seen Hora?

😆

But am now intrigued

thepodge
    Free Member

I’m surprised Binners hasn’t been on with his Benny Hill references

I’ll build you a frame hora, brazing kit is on order, just trying to find an affordable workspace

slowrider
    Free Member

Have you seen Hora?
    I’m like sexual euthanasia

Brilliant!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘New bike ideas- low and slack?’ is closed to new replies.