Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New bike for the wife – which one
  • kilo

Mrs K feels she would like a new mtb, at the moment she is riding a Kona one 20 supreme with slx throughout, fox suspension front and rear and mavic crosstrails. Her riding is mainly surrey hills and occasional gorrick type races with the occassional trail centre trip – so more xc than downhill. She says he would like something full sus, which feels a bit lighter and faster than the kona. Her budget is not silly money but she’s prepared to spend a fair bit if needs be. Any suggestions for a new bike?

crikey
    Free Member

I’ve got a Klein Attitude in the loft; does she eat much or snore?

xcentric
    Free Member

yours, then buy yourself a new one?

ART

Still looking to sell my lovely full suss, a bargain – see here. http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-santacruz-superlight-complete-bike-1 🙂

kilo

Thanks for the replies, unfortunately she snores like some form of Perkins diesel with a shonky exhaust and she has more disposable income than me so the second plan won’t work 😀

Bunnyhop

My ‘Turner Flux’ has been the ideal all round xc bike. Light, very easy to climb and not to shabby for descending.

Recycler
    Free Member

My good lady has a near perfect Lapierre Zesty 314L that may suit but at 140mm travel, it may be too much bike for XC duties.

kilo

Thanks I’ll look at the turner’s, not keen on the lapierre after some recent posts here regarding warranty issues

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New bike for the wife – which one’ is closed to new replies.