Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • New bike for my daughter – Finished at last pt 2
  • robidoo
    Free Member

As a follow up to Ken’s post I thought I would post up a report on what I was up to before Christmas.

My 10 year old daughter asked for a new bike as she was showing interest in bike riding with her old man and was using my jump bike which is pretty heavy so not ideal.

Got this in good condition ( allways wanted one in red for myself)

Trying not to give the game away I asked her if she would like a red bike
    but alas she wanted pink.
    So stripped of its paint and a couple of freezing cold nights in the shed it was ready for paint.
    Really happy with the result, so I butchered one of my bikes for most parts
    and baught some white bits and tires and it was good to go.

Her face was a picture on Christmas day and we have been on a couple of rides and she is really enjoying it.

mrdoubletake
    Free Member

That sir is a very nice bit of work, well done. I hope she enjoys it and gets the biking bug for real.

woody2000

My adoption papers are in the post, I’d like an Ibis Mojo, thanks dad 😀

matthewjb
    Free Member

There are some very spoilt kids on this forum 😀

Seriously nice bike. Good job.

rob
    Free Member

nice work
    so much nicer than that knitted jumper from gran 😀

Lootenant
    Free Member

Nice one..

My seven year old daughter has just said “woah, look at that bike – cool”.

You’ve set a rather high bench mark though…

ken_shields
    Free Member

Cracking bike….my daughter would have cut my heart out with a rusty teaspoon if I’d done her bike in pink tho’

Good thing about using “adult” bits is that you can go for v light parts that would normally break if you used them

Clink

Just got a nice inbred off stw – daughters chosen a pastel blue colour – its just another excuse to play with bike bits!

luke.ellis
    Free Member

nice BIKE!!!!!!!!!!

deadlyhifi
    Free Member

mr robidoo, you’ve got a lucky daughter.

jonb
    Free Member

That’s nicer than my bike! 🙁

Oxboy
    Free Member

Great bike! I tried to get my 11yr old daughter a new bike but she wanted a DS 🙄

robidoo
    Free Member

:lol:Woody adoption sounds tempting as I always wanted a son, but I don’t think me missis will go for it.
    To be honest it didn’t work out that exspensive as most of the bike is built from my old bits the frame from flea-bay and the powdercoat was a freebee.

shinsplints

skirting boards need glossing………… 😉
    Seriously,super nice bike,my little girl would be over the moon with that,i however,would be embarrased as some of the bits are better than my bike ! 😆
    excellent work !!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘New bike for my daughter – Finished at last pt 2’ is closed to new replies.