Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New bike – first impressions.
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Well i picked up my midlife crisis bike yesterday – 2009 Marin Wolf Ridge in dayglo orange! 8)

benji_allen
    Free Member

So now I've got to google it 'cos you didn't post a picture. Lazy sod.

.duncan
    Free Member

benji post a picture if you find one 😉

benji_allen
    Free Member

Oooh. Nice.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Bloody stupid PC…

Anyway, took it out for a spin tonight. I was very pleasantly suprised at how well it climbed, i could get up hills in the middle ring that i climb in the same ring on my 04 Mount Vision. Only a little more slow really, hardly noticable in a non-race enviroment.
    The suspension is a quantum leap from the old Mk1 Quad-link design, with an RP23 shock & a larger air can it really does feel 'bottomless' when in open mode. My first downhill & i thought 'this bike is going to kill me…'

The bolt-through front & rear make a real difference to tracking don't they? Added to a 140mm air Pike fork i can steamroll through rocky stuff that had me pinballing around on the Mount Vision.

The ride position was quite alien to me at first, far higher front end than i'm used to but i think it will grow on me.

Very different beast all in all & one i'm really glad i bought – especially with £1000 off!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

..so now tell me the bad points! 😆

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New bike – first impressions.’ is closed to new replies.