• This topic has 51 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by pigyn.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • New bike dilemmas – another 29er hardcore hardtail or something different
  • duckman

I have a Vitus Sentier 29 that is ace. What about a Transition Transam,for the 120mm fork?

rOcKeTdOg

29 (on 35mm rims here) and b+ compatible. up to 140mm fork (29er)

nevertoomanybikes
    Free Member

I’ll drop shorelines a message….to be clear I’ll replace the Sektor 120mm later in the year (if not immediately), so it shouldnt feature too heavily in the thinking. Certainly don’t see the need to go beyond 140mm with a 29er though.

The Vitus is a great value option. Tempting. And the higher grade 650b bike seems an even better deal. Anyone got comparable experience with Manitou forks? Also, has anyone made the shift from 29 to 650b and found it life changing?

renton
    Free Member

What is that rocketdog ??

Rorschach
    Free Member

Onza Jackpot?

nevertoomanybikes
    Free Member

It’s a bigwig, no?

rOcKeTdOg

Aye 2016 bigwig, lots of fun at BPW with it, slack as I’d like too.

That BTR looks over built, over weight and over priced.

I think it looks fab, but maybe a little spendy

pigyn
    Free Member

I actually spoke to John about getting some Rootdown BAs this week, but he didn’t seem hopefull. It sounded like everything from the TW productions we being sold in Canada before it got here, not sure if a BA has ever graced these shores(lines).

My bet is that the Primer they showed on the Chromag FB page is going to replace it, looks too similar and not worth having as a seperate model. 65deg/160mm but with clearance for B+ as well.

nevertoomanybikes
    Free Member

Pigyn, what are your opening hours this weekend?

nevertoomanybikes
    Free Member

Just signed in to ask another question, but thought praise was due here. Great service from Pedals who in the old sold me an Orbea Loki which I love. Incredibly rapid and confidence giving. Thanks guys for sorting out test rides and setting it up tubeless.

pigyn
    Free Member

Woops, totally missed your question about the opening times!
    Glad you like it, since I rode the large demo we borrowed for you and enjoyed it so much we ordered our own LTD level demo for stock.
    Spent loads of time on it since (you may have seen if you follow our facebook!) and it just gets better and better. Had it round a lot of inners and the golfy, tons of fife stuff and great all over. So much grip and control when the going gets steep. Only strava racing but PBs on prospacker etc even when wet is saying something. Just bought some 40mm internal American Classics for it, 1700g plus size wheelset is pretty good going!

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘New bike dilemmas – another 29er hardcore hardtail or something different’ is closed to new replies.